Chapter 52

It turned out no one wake us up for the supper. Starve to death, I see what it is.

My eyes were glued at the breakfast on the table. The food was just within my reach but I can't, I have to wait.

The moment I opened my eyes, I was told that I'll be having breakfast together with the king. I let Aiden sleep a little longer to recover from his lack of sleep.

I've been googling with my growling stomach for 30 minutes and yet the person who wanted me to eat with him was nowhere to be found.

I would love to eat first but I was invited, it's a proper etiquette to wait until the person arrive. Who knows what will happen if I eat without him.

I shouldn't have thought positively yesterday.

Lucas came in with news. "I'm sorry, princess. His majesty suddenly had some urgent matter to attend. He said that he'll make it up to you."

"Then I would like to visit the boy at the orphanage," I quickly said before he leaves in a hurry.

He nodded. "I'll arrange your escorts. Please eat properly, princess." And he was gone.

With a satisfied belly, I changed my clothes to something plain looking and met my escorts at the front of the Emerald Palace.

Only a handful number of servants and knights can enter and get near the Moon Palace.

"Why do we have to escort the princess? We're on the subjugating team and the best. We kill monsters not protect a child," one of the assigned to be my escort said while the others agrees to him.

They all were wearing casual clothing. Aside from the sword hanging on their waist, they appeared to be ordinary yet sturdy looking.

"Shut it, Leo! We may be trained to kill monsters but our job is to protect the kingdom especially his majesty and his children. Whether we're assigned to subdue or escort the princess you shouldn't complain."

"You're yapping again, Ruiz."

"Because you're too stupid to even understand your job."

"What did you say?!"

Haisley cleared her throat before a fight broke out.

"I expect that you all will protect the princess," Haisley said unsmilingly while eying everyone with a cold stare. "You must have heard about the incident regarding the princess. If a single finger of her highness is harmed a lot of people will make you suffer starting with me. Do we make ourselves clear, gentlemen."

"Yes, ma'am!" They quickly all answered in unison.

"Princess," Haisley called me back to her kind motherly face.

"Yi–yes!?" I said in a panic. Changing her attitude just like that, definitely scary.

"Have a safe trip," she said kissing my forehead.