Chapter 80

Why do I remember something as important as this in the last minute? This was a part of the event in the story. Aside from Bwi who wasn't originally in the story, Magnolia, Aiden, Carsien, and the black-haired boy will recklessly try and save Magnolia's friend who came from the slum.

I was minding my own business playing with the cute baby Niko when I was dragged by a stressed looking Magnolia to the group.

"We should wait for, Aeduan," Carsien said, and was obvious that he didn't want me to be with them.

It seems that Magnolia told the truth before I could. It was also my fault that I forgot about the incident about him and Bwi.

"What's wrong Carsien?" Asked Aiden.

"It's probably my fault. I didn't tell you the truth and I apologize for that. I have no intention of lying to you," I said and I meant it. "I don't expect for you to forgive me."

"Sister you shouldn't play someone's heart, you know," Magnolia said as she comforts the daughter of a maid who was working here.

The girl was the one who witnessed her and Magnolia's friend being kidnapped by a pair of men and who also happened to hear about the location of their hideout.

My eye twitched. Did I mutter or stutter for her not to hear my words clearly?

I forced myself to not retort and decided to just ignore her and ask Aiden what's their plan even though I already knew it from the book.

They will infiltrate the hideout and save the friend as if it was as simple as that.

"Why don't we just wait for the adults to come back and let them do their work," I suggested.

Edmund and Lucas left earlier after the party started due to a sudden attack of a man who went on a rampage with an extreme amount of magic five streets away from here.

"What if it's too late?" Magnolia asked.

"You all already know she got kidnapped three days ago isn't that too late now?"

"How can you be so cruel?!" The girl cried glaring at me. "My friend is out there waiting for help."

"Did you say I'm cruel?" I narrowed my eyes at her and Magnolia quickly pulled the girl behind her. "What will you do if something happens to the crown prince, the Captain's nephew, and my attendant? Should I execute your and your family's life?"

The girl paled understanding what she'd done.

"Sister, you don't have to worry. I can protect myself the same goes for Carsien and Bwi," Aiden said with an encouraging smile while lightly squeezing my hand. "You and Magnolia don't have to come. We will come back safe and sound, okay?"

Looks like Aiden had already decided to save this child and Bwi also knew the child. There's nothing I can stop them.

I let out a sigh. "I have no plans on joining in the first place."

Aiden smiled in relief and patted my head. "Good! I don't have to make Bwi tie you up."

What? Tie me up?

"I will come!" Magnolia announced. "I'm not going to sit around and regret it at the end of the day."

"Magnolia, there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity," I stated.

And from what I know Magnolia was a magic-less person, she's pretty much dead weight to the group.

"What do you mean?!" She asked. I don't know if it's rhetorical or she just genuinely didn't understand what I just said.

"There really is nothing working between your ears, huh," I said to the second princess.

"Hey! Are you saying that Magnolia is empty-headed?!" Carsien glared at me. "She doesn't understand because she used to be a commoner but she's not that stupid!"

I couldn't help but chuckle. He was unknowingly dissing his princess. What a funny guy. Too bad we couldn't be friends.

I walked away with my lips curled upward as Carsien calls me informally.