Chapter 32

Lucas

Lucas Bismarck was seeing a sight that has never been done before. A family was dining together in the Emerald Palace for the very first time in history, ever since Edmund Arias sat on the throne.

A family consist of a father, a son and a daughter. A family with full of misunderstandings and hides their true emotions.

The king with his expressionless face doesn't know what to do. He was struggling on how to approach his children or start a conversation.

The abandoned princess who was in the verge of running away and passing out at the same time.

The crown prince, who drastically change after his training camp, was enjoying his food unaware how uncomfortable the other two were.

"What a family," Lucas whispered while watching them dine together near the wall with the other knights.

He wondered if the king will eat with the children again tomorrow after their secret investigation outside the palace walls.

Number of children from the slums were reported missing. One could think that a human trafficking was happening but suddenly a priestess in training was kidnapped in broad daylight today.

If their suspicion was correct then they need to find the priestess who was blessed with light magic and the children soon before its too late.

Lucas suddenly felt unsettled.

"Father, are you busy tomorrow?" Prince Aiden broke the long silence hanging between them.

"Yes," King Edmund shortly answered.

The prince had a kind and obedient demeanour but lately he became indifferent to others who speak badly towards his sister. He always wear his emotions when it comes to the princess. He even came bragging that he got an embroidered handkerchief from his sister in the king's office.

"How's your lessons?" The king asked to his children.

Lucas knew that his majesty wanted also to bragged about the flower crown that the princess made but decided not to. Later on the crown that the princess made was placed on the glass shelf in his office with a preservation magic in order the flower to not wither in time.

And so an unknowingly showdown began inside the king's office.

His smile widens. "I should ask for a gift from the princess."

The captain silently laughed imagining how the father and son would react if he boast right at their face when he received his present.

There's no way that Princess Elaine wouldn't gave him one, because she's too kind.

"Are you alright, Captain?" His fellow knight asked with worried look. "Captain?"