Chapter 33

Under the afternoon sun, there were a few numbers of customers walking in and out of the carnival even though the weather was quite cold. They wandered from stall to stall buying hot food and drinks. At the center of stalls, tents, and booths, a large tent was built. Faint music and cheers can be heard from our location.

The moment Aiden and I stepped at the Winter Carnival we were greeted by a shout.

"You! The child with silver hair!"

I was wearing a cloak and my hair was pretty much covered under the hood. Turning my heels, I walk to the old woman seated on an ancient-looking mat, her crooked index finger was pointed at me.

Aiden followed behind.

"You are destined to die, child," the old woman said as she stares at me with her blinded eyes.

A crystal ball sat in front of her. A fortune-teller.

Looking at her I couldn't help but be envy. Under her thin robe, she doesn't look cold unlike me.

"I think so too," I agreed.

"What? What do you mean my sister will die?!" Aiden demanded in furious. "Sister! What are you saying?!!"

"It is her destiny, your highness," the old woman calmly said moving her white irises towards the prince.

Aiden took my hand in alarm.

"There's nothing to be wary about. I'm just a harmless old woman." No one bought it though. She looked back at me again. "But you're walking away from your destiny. Changing little by little, that's why you're here with your brother."

Change? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

"But you'll face plenty amount of death. Be prepare, abandoned princess."

Was she telling me that I'll suffer?! And it's not one-time big time but plenty!!!

"Let's go, Elaine. We shouldn't waste our time with this nonsense," Aiden glowered as he drags me away.

"Wa-wait!" I pulled my hand but he didn't let go.

Aiden stopped dragging me and glared at me saying, "Don't tell me you believe her?"

I ignored Aiden. "D-do you perhaps know how I could go back?"

Back to where I belong. To the holy land, at the side of the Goddess of Light and my sisters.

The old woman smiled. "You are back."

My forehead furrowed. I am back?

"You don't have any sense of direction, Elaine?" Aiden asked.

"Huh? No. No, that's not it. I have a good sense of direction," I said suddenly getting defensive.

He stared at me. He didn't look convinced. "It's your first time here so stay close to me."

"Don't let go of each others hand, especially today," the old woman said in a warning tone before calling someone from the crowd. "You! The man who's dating his wife's mother!"

At the end of the day, the warning was forgotten and Aiden was no longer with me.