Chapter 74

Hello, dear reader! (*⁰▿⁰*)
I'm back from my long ass procrastination!! Thank you for the messages and patiences

— Love, Author

˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺ ˳✧༚ ˚✧ ₊ ⁎⁎ ⁺˳✧ ༚˚ ✧₊ ⁎ ⁎⁺˳ ✧༚

Azalea Farrell was born in a quite well off family and a relative to the queen making their position in the society powerful.

Azalea had been already popular when she's in her early teens. It was said that she was the model among the ladies in the society, an ideal wife to be. A number of men asked for her hand in marriage but when war broke out and a new king took the throne she was married to Viscount Farrell at the age of 20. Her husband died the next day after the wedding because of old age. People already knew this will happen.

Why did she marry the viscount? It's because he saved her, that's what she said.

Her words and kindness took the people's heart clearing the thought that she married a dying man out of wealth and title.

Men tried to win the fragile-looking widow's heart promising to shower her wealth and endless love but every single one of them was turned down with a reason that she wants to respect her deceased husband and will stay faithful.

She was then given the title of Maiden of Virginity

That title. . . I'd rather die than be called that.

But then again it sounds like she's unreachable for every man. With her known delicate beauty, young appearance, and said kindness. One would be dying to deflower her someday.

"Azalea Farrell," I spoke her name as I place down the written report about the viscountess.

The person who was opposite to the one who carved fear in my heart and mind.

"A vicious snake wearing a sheepskin."

How long. . . How long did she make my past life a living hell?

A personal grudge? She did say that she hated my mother, the queen. The way Edmund treated Azalea it was clear that he dislikes her but he's attitude was always like that to anyone. Hostile and cold.

I stared at the report once again. Bwi's handwriting was getting good. He really was dedicated to his job to have my request quickly done. I do wish to let him first enjoy his childhood.

Where is he anyway? I pondered. He suddenly disappeared after giving me the report.

I leaned back at the chair and looked at the window over to my left. The sky was clear.

Remembering the dream, the small part of my past memory made me shiver, it was so vivid. What more hideous things she had done to me?

I couldn't help but release a shuddering sigh.

A joyful scream came from outside the window. I glanced down where a group of children had gathered together.

"She sure is loud," I said watching the heroine happily talk to Aiden and two more boys.

Those two must be Aiden's friends that he told me a while ago who were visiting him.

I couldn't see their faces since their back was facing towards me. One had a light brown hair color with the same shade of tea and the other boy was a black-haired one.

I wondered why Aiden didn't want me to meet them, I was planning to thank them for taking care of him back then at the training camp.

I would like to think that he was just being overprotective but then there's a chance it was the opposite. . .

Like perhaps he like one of his guy friends, after all, he got the heart of a girl and perhaps saw me as a rival.

Maybe I was thinking too much. . .

"Oh." Another one came, a white-haired boy. My very own attendant, Bwi. It was not surprising that boys were gathering around her. She really is a heroine. A heroine that will take what the villainess has. "What a sight to see."

I left the library leaving the weird feeling that was stirring inside me there and decided to focus on Azalea.

She'll probably visit soon.