Chapter 22

The storm left thick snow that no one from the Silver Palace could go outside. One of the maids said that the snow was a meter deep.

"Princess you should drink your milk before it gets cold," Haisley said as she works on her embroidery.

"Mhmm."

A present. A welcome gift to Aiden.

I don't have money so buying him something is out of the picture. Should I give him my art since the drawing I gave him before his departure was unfinished?

I need to prepare something when he comes visits again.

Instead of coming from the garden, he'll probably enter by the front door. Well, he did cause a huge ruckus in the Silver Palace first thing in the morning and gave Hailey and the other servants a fright.

I watched Haisley over where I sat as she pulls and inserts the needle on a piece of cloth.

"What are you making, Haisley?" She'd been embroidering since yesterday.

"Hmmm?" At that moment she was cutting the thread with a satisfying smile. She must have finished it already. "I noticed that the princess was always sulking every time you see the Ryllis flower withered the next morning."

It really was depressing to see it dead after waking up. That's why I stop asking Art to cut some Ryllis and just made him plant it in the garden.

Great thing about Ryllis flowers are seasonal, it means whether it's spring, summer, fall, or winter Ryllis will continue to bloom.

Haisley then gave the folded cloth she was working on just now. "So I embroidered Ryllis that never withered. Please accept my gift, princess."

I opened the small white cloth. It was a handkerchief. The Ryllis was beautifully and skillfully embroidered with a perfectly smooth surface.

"Why?" I managed to ask as my emotions mix together. I was overwhelmed yet confused. There was no reason for Haisley to give something as beautiful as this.

"I don't want to lose," Haisley said with determined eyes.

I looked at her deep in confusion. Lose to who? There's a competition that I didn't know of?

Haisley went to my side with a smile on her face and touched my cheek. Her hand was warm. "Is there a reason not to give you at all?"

Clutching the handkerchief near to my heart I whispered, "Thank you."

Haisley's smile widens flashing her white teeth while her eyes shine with unshed tears. "You're welcome, my princess."

From then on, I had already decided what to give Aiden. I asked Haisley to teach me embroidery and she was happily agreed.