Chapter 4

Haisley

Princess Elaine Gwyneth Arias or the people called her the Abandoned Princess. Ordered by the king himself to place his daughter to the Silver Palace where the crown prince's consorts should be staying. A small number of servants were task to serve the princess and one of them was Haisley Laica, the fifth daughter of Earl Laica and a distant relative of the previous queen.

She owed her life to the queen after lending her a hand to someone like her.

Haisley cast a worried look at the small princess who was watching the rain by the window with a frown look. This was the first time the princess looked displeased.

"Hmm," the princess grumbled.

Princess Elaine was a peculiar one ever since she was a newborn baby. She seldom cries and laughs. She always looked lost or thinking. By then, Haisley knew that her highness was a bright child who couldn't express any of her emotions.

But as the years go by, slowly the princess starting to smile. It brought Haisley's heart in joy when Elaine started talking to her. Elaine usually talked when she was asked but this time the princess herself went to Haisley and talked.

Haisley could see that the child she's taking care of was kind and very lovely just like the queen. All she could wish for was that the king would see how his daughter grows.

"What are you thinking, princess?" Haisley asked.

It's been raining for months and little time that the sun brought sunlight to the land.

"What do I do when I grow up?" The princess asked that made Haisley startled.

And before she could answer the princess said, "Let's go to the library tomorrow, Haisley." The princess then walked towards her bed and tucked herself in. "Goodnight."

Her princess was a smart and talented child. Elaine had already memorized the alphabet and numeric numbers at the age of five. She even wrote her brother's name without misspelling it.

The princess probably knew what's her situation she was in and the thought made Haisley sad towards the princess, but she quickly pushed that aside. Her highness didn't need pity.

"Of course, princess," Haisley said smiling at the princess and kissed her forehead.

Haisley then promised herself that she'll support the princess no matter what she becomes.

And so she blew the candles and left the princess she loved so dearly.