Chapter 44

Mykel Cree

The princess's complexion quickly drained. It looked like she was thinking of something awful that might hurt her.

"It's b-b-because of my magic," she stammered an answer. She was looking at Lucas as of they were having a conversation of their own.

Why are they acting so suspiciously? Mykel couldn't help but asked himself.

Mykel then cleared his throat. "You mean you already have your awakening?"

She nodded and went to Lucas asking for the cursed dagger with a promise that she won't do something stupid when Lucas hesitated.

"Curse items won't affect me. This dagger is just an ordinary dagger for me." Before their eyes, the princess cut her palm. Crimson blood oozing from her hand. "Aaagh!"

They all jumped towards the princess in panic.

"Just kidding—Eh?" The princess who decided to pull out a joke on them was looking dumbfounded at her father who was right in front of her.

"Huh. . . ? Your wound is healing." King Edmund examined her hand closely.

The princess was blinking, her mouth opens and closes like fish out of the water. Mykel was afraid that the princess had become broken. "Eh?"

But the king was right. The cut on her small hand was slowly closing.

"A healing ability?" Mykel uttered as he continues to observe the wound closely.

This was the first time he ever encountered something like this. A person who could heal herself without casting magic. It was as if the healing magic was a passive skill.

"Princess, you're blessed with light magic, huh," Lucas said.

"That— I don't think it's light magic. It's more like a self-healing magic. Large wounds probably won't save me with the magic I have."

Mykel thought that Princess Elaine looked uncomfortable with the three surrounding her so he pulled himself away from her.

"Quite useless magic you have," the king said irritatedly.

With the sudden dark mood of his majesty, the princess was looking like a ghost. She might as well pass out right now.

His majesty then carried his daughter saying, "You still haven't recovered properly, you look sick. Are you even taking care of your body?"

Mykel, the king's adviser, watched the princess who was being carried away by her father out of the office. She was looking at Lucas begging to save her before the door closed in front of her.

Ah. . .

Finally, Mykel discovered something today. The ever calm princess he once knew was gone when she's facing this person.

"Hey, the princess is afraid of her own father," he said to the person who was left with him.

"You just realized that now, Kel? No wonder you and your wife fight all the time."

"I don't want to hear that from someone who's still single," he grumbled at the laughing Lucas.

"It's because I'm not ready for married life." They both know it was a lie. "Anyway, I wonder if the princess will return to the Silver Palace alive."

"Does his majesty know?" Mykel cast a worried look at the door where the father and daughter disappeared.

"He does alright. I guess he just. . . forgot."