Chapter 26

I did tell them I would go take the lessons with Aiden but the truth as to why I agreed, even though it was very troublesome, was because knowledge is power.

I am just a mortal penniless child without an ounce of magic power. There's nothing for me but become more knowledgeable than I already am.

I have to improve my skills and knowledge if I want to survive outside the Palace Estate. But first I need to survive inside.

I don't have a solid plan nor a plan at all, but I'll come up with something.

Whoa, I sound so positive just now.

"Princess, a letter from Sir Cree has arrived. Do you want to read it now?" A maid announced after entering the dining room.

I nodded at Haisley who was also eating with me. It's very lonely if I eat just by myself so I asked her if she could dine with me every day. Of course I won't receive a no for an answer. She's still reluctant though but eat with me in the end.

She took the letter and opened it. "It's about your schedule, princess," she said passing me the papers.

I inspected my whole schedule and saw something irrelevant to add to my skills and knowledge.

"Why is there dancing in my schedule?"

"Isn't that great princess?" Haisley said cheerfully in excitement.

". . . Yeah, sure."

No, it's not great at all. Dancing means party. Party means people. People was equal to me being exposed to the public. And when the time come. . . A public execution?!

Is the king planning to have a public execution in the near future?

So much for the positivity awhile ago. It just took what? Two minutes before my pessimistic overturned the tide.

"I think you'll be practicing with your brother as a dancing partner since there are no other children resides the royal estate aside you two."

So there's no way out, huh.

According to the schedule, I'll be starting to attend the lesson a week from now.

I still have a lot of time.

"Shall we do an advance study so that you won't be overwhelmed next week, princess?" Haisley suggested finishing her food.

"No. I plan to master embroidering for this week."

By next week, hopefully, I could produce the desired embroidery that I will be proud of giving it to my brother.