Chapter 79

The weather was rather gloomy today. Something that says my quiet days will soon end and my luck was nowhere good.

I stared at the vial between my two fingers. The clear liquid glittered from the direct sunlight. I tried tasting the antidote but it didn't much do anything to my body.

It's been a week and my conscience tells me that I shouldn't hide this about to father but I was too afraid, with Azalea's spies everywhere she might even order them to put me in harm if they find something suspicious. If it's not me someone close to me. Haisley and Bwi. She's a crafty one.

Bwi knocked on the door and told me that we're departing after he entered my room.

Putting the antidote in my pocket I gave Bwi a small bag for him to carry. He gave me a questioning look which I smiled in reply.

I never intended to go at Lucas's house and I already declined Carsien's invitation by relaying on Aiden who was surprised that I met one of his friends but nonetheless was happy to know that I wasn't going.

But my plan changed when Lucas bribed me yesterday that he will let me carry his newborn nephew, Carsien's brother. Another weakness that Lucas knew about me.

Bwi and I were the last ones who arrived at the front of the Emerald Palace. I almost frowned seeing how energetic the second princess who was already inside the large carriage.

Edmund was also coming with us, he sat there beside Aiden while ignoring the little girl by reading the reports that he brought.

Even though Aiden didn't want me to come along he made me sit between him and the king.

Cursing inside, I wanted to sit next to the window so I won't have to face Magnolia who was between Lucas and Bwi.

Being with Magnolia drains my energy that I was becoming lifeless as she continues to be a chatterbox. Lucas most of the time talked to Magnolia when none of us was willing to continue the conversation.

"I was so happy that father let me used the kitchen. Thank you, father!" Magnolia cheerfully said.

Edmund on the other hand look over to her and shortly said, "You're welcome."

"I'll bake you some pastry soon!"

"Do whatever you want, child." He didn't look a bit keen at the idea but his response was enough for Magnolia to be excited.

Lucas then smiled widely. "Speaking of baking. I heard from Mykel that you bake some cookies at the Summer Festival. He said it was really delicious."

Bwi nodded in agreement.

Two pairs of gold eyes quickly stared at me.

"Is that true, sister?!" The prince asked while his majesty was quietly waiting for my answer.

I gave a look towards Lucas who gave me an innocent smile. "Y–yes."

"Wow! I didn't know you could also bake? Who taught you, sister?" Asked Magnolia beaming at me. "We should try baking together and compare them!"

Compare, huh.

"Self-taught and I think that father and brother would be disappointed at the cookies. I'm not as good as, uhh, Magnolia here."

"Ah, you're right, princess! His majesty and the prince preferred food that is made by professionals chefs," Lucas piped in. "Very meticulous when it comes to food."

Magnolia was beaming widely thinking that she was being compared to a professional chef. What a simple child she was.

The papers on Edmund's hand crumpled while Lucas watched his majesty with eyes shining. He was enjoying this.

"Bu–but sister I—"

"We will be arriving at the Bismarck's mansion," the coach announced interrupting Aiden.