Chapter 5

The second princess was born in the slum of Luville Kingdom.

Morning rain drizzled down the land of mortal. The pitter-patter of water was like soft music to my ears. Soon the sun will reign once again. Under the umbrella, Haisley carried me towards the Emerald Palace.

From the distance, I could already see the main palace. It was three times larger than the place I was living in. We walked for five more minutes before we could arrive at the building. I was astonished that the royal estate was really vast.

Everything was shimmering when we entered. Silver, golds, diamonds, rubies and more were everywhere blinking at me like starlight.

While Haisley was navigating us to the library, I made a quick eye contact with a young man who's in his early twenties. He was wearing a different uniform from the common knights that I usually saw from my window. His fiery red hair caught my attention. He was about to say something but Haisley took a turn and the young man was gone.

It was a two-story library. The antique smell of old books hit my nose after entering.

Haisley placed me down. "There must be a book that the princess could understand in here," she said to herself then looked at me. "Is there something you want to know?"

"Luville Kingdom," I said while Haisley took my hand.

Haisley made me sit at an expensive and comfortable couch near the window. "Stay here princess, I'll look for a history book and a map for you."

The kingdom itself shouldn't be called kingdom but an empire with its large territory that took a third of the Siena Continent. As I stared at the map while listening to Haisley something caught my eyes. Another land on the far north-west of the map, a continent called Euxenia with three countries to be governed.

The land of Euxenia where few mortals have been blessed with magic which about 2 percent of the population could wield magic. Once in a few decades us, holy maidens, come to that land bringing miracles and preaching about the Goddess of Light. I usually did the former, never like expressing my faith towards the Goddess.

But what's going on? I thought I was in a book.

In the middle of her lesson, Haisley yawned giving me an opportunity.

"Haisley, you must be sleepy," I started.

"Ah! No, princess. I'm just tired that's all."

I jumped off the couch and said to her, "Just rest, I'll go around."

Her face was sketched with concern. "That won't do. I cannot leave you unattended."

"It's fine. I'll be. . . a good girl." It really discomforts me when I have to act like a child and talk one. This was why I talk little and move little.

I'm almost a hundred years old for crying out loud. I don't even know how children act since there's none where I came from.