하나

"-and our government thinks that, in order to ensure our nation's safety, a mandatory quarantine should be established as of right now. No one is allowed to leave their home, except for the purchase of basic necessities. We would advise you to follow these simple rules, since as you all know, the country has declared a state of emergency and the infringement of these laws can and will be a cause of apprehension. We apologize, but it is the only way to mitigate the consequences of this pandemic. Thank you and good night."

Moon Byulyi watched in silence as the President of the Republic of Korea left the TV's screen, slightly startled at what he has said.

"Hey unnie?" She called, watching as her best friend appeared in the living room a few seconds later.

"Yes, Byul-ah?" Kim Yongsun replied, evidently having been removing her makeup since she was holding one of her makeup wipes. Byul simply pointed to the TV, where Yongsun could see the latest news, shock taking over her features. "Oh. Guess you're not going home anytime soon."

Byulyi sighed, running a hand through her face in fake despair.

"You're telling me I'm going to have to spend an indefinite amount of time stuck in this tiny apartment with you?" She said, intending to tease the older woman. However, the playful slap she was expecting did not come, and Yongsun had a worried look on her face as her eyes were glued to the television screen.

"Yong?" Byul asked, approaching her friend and carefully placing a hand on her shoulder, an act that startled her.

"Ah, sorry, I spaced out" She said apologetically, waving her hand as a signal that she was alright. Byul, on the other hand, knowing her best friend better than she knew herself at times, knew that was a blatant lie.

"Yongddonie", Byulyi started, standing in front of Yongsun and placing her hands gently on her cheeks, causing goosebumps to appear on the shorter girl's skin, a fact that would remain unknown to Byul. "We're gonna be okay, silly. I know for a fact that you went grocery shopping yesterday, we're all stacked up on food, and what's better than getting stuck with an attractive person like me?" She said, smirking annoyingly while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ahhhh Byul-ah! Stop with the greasiness!" Yongsun pried herself from Moonbyul's hands and turned around, heading quickly to the bathroom to finish removing her makeup so that the other girl didn't see her flushed cheeks. It's not that she wasn't used to Byul's skinship towards her, but Yongsun had recently realized that maybe what she felt about her best friend isn't really platonic and sister-like. Of course, Yong would never admit that out loud, it's Byulyi we're talking about, she liked to show affection, hug her and cuddle, but she didn't like Yongsun that way, she was sure!

After removing her makeup, making sure to throw out all the makeup wipes she used, as well as doing her nightly skincare routine, she made her way to the kitchen, thinking about what she would make for dinner. However, when she reached the small division, Byul was already at the stove, wooden spoon in hand, stirring some green onion in some oil. Yong approached her, standing beside her so that she could see what her friend was doing, and laid her head on Byulyi's shoulder.

"You didn't have to do that Byulie." The taller girl smiled softly at the nickname that was not often used, and blushed lightly at the skinship that was rarely begun by Yongsun.

"I wanted to. It's the least I could do, I'm going to be invading your evil lair for the next few weeks, maybe even months."

Yongsun couldn't help but smile. Even though she was being kind, Moonbyul didn't resist teasing her.

"At least let me help, Byul." Yong tried to take the wooden spoon from the girl's hand, but she gets gently shoved away.

"You can help by taking a bath and sitting on that couch watching Netflix. I know you're worried, unnie, but when you get worried you tend to overwork yourself to get distracted. Do the opposite today. Relax." Byul gave her another playful shove, that was returned with a slap on the arm.

"Fine. But I'll do the dishes!" She yelled as she made her way to the bathroom once again before Moonbyul could retort.
It was these little things that Yongsun lov- ahem, LIKED, the most about Byulyi. The gentle looks, the way she treated her with the utmost respect, still using honorifics even though the older girl had told her to stop even before Mamamoo's debut, but most importantly, the way Byul knew her like the back of her own hand, knowing exactly what she needed with a single look. Yongsun was grateful to have been locked down with her. She would probably be spiraling out of control and panicking by then, if it weren't for the taller girl's reassuring presence.

Byulyi heard Yongsun turn on the water and smiled. Knowing that her friend was allowing herself to relax and taking care of herself made her happy. Byul often worried about her unnie. Being the leader of the group, she never had as much time to rest as the other girls, since she always had things to take care of. But even when she was allowed to press pause on everything, and go home to unwind, Yongsun could not stay still. She would film a video for her YouTube channel, Solarsido, or clean her entire apartment from top to bottom. Even when she sat down to watch TV, she was folding laundry, or practicing doing the splits.
The leader was often times found in the dressing rooms sleeping, or taking a nap in the car on their way to the venues. Byulyi always expressed her concern, but Yongsun assured her she was okay.
Now that this quarantine was issued and that they were stuck together without having to work as much, the younger girl would make sure Yongsun would get some rest (not that herself was a great example of that).
She finished cooking dinner, plating the food and putting the plates in the oven so that they wouldn't get cold, and set the table. Since she spent a lot of her time at her friend's apartment, she had no problem in locating everything she needed.

Byul heard the bathroom door open, and out came Yongsun, her blonde hair still damp, her cheeks rosy from the hot water, and dressed in sweatpants and a cute t-shirt with little bears. She looked better, less tired. Her heart tightened in her chest at the adorable sight and she found herself grinning at Yongsun, her muscles taking control of her brain. The older girl smiles back, the previously pink cheeks hiding her slight blush.

"What are you smiling at, dumbass?"

***

Hello!
This was the first chapter of my new story (obviously...)
Hope you liked it! If you didn't, please send some feedback so that I can do better in the following chapters.
Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!
Thank you for reading!