다섯

To say Yongsun was devastated would be an understatement.

Will things be awkward now? She was just being greasy as usual and maybe my boldness ruined everything. I should've taken it slow. Or done nothing at all!

She had been hiding in her bathroom for the past hour so that Byulyi couldn't see her crying. She didn't blame her for this though. No. This was her own fault. After all, she was the one who caught feelings for her best friend. It was not Byul's fault if Yongsun couldn't keep her emotions in check.

She heard a soft knock on the door.

"Yonggie?" Byul's voice sounded, defeated. "Is everything alright?"
Yongsun quickly wiped the tears from her face.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be right out!" She called, trying not to sound as choked up as she felt. Unfortunately for her, Byul knew her for nearly 8 years, and she knew damn well when her best friend was crying. Byulyi  slowly pushed the door open, her heart breaking even more once she saw the Yongsun's state. She looked at her through the mirror that was placed in front of the sink. Her eyes were red, as well as her nose. There were tears now running freely along her cheeks. Yongsun sniffed quietly.

"Oh Yongsun..." Byul entered the room, immediately wrapping her arms tightly around Yong, who could do nothing except to sob into her shoulder. It was kind of funny to Yongsun, how she was crying over Byulyi, yet somehow she was the only one who could bring her comfort.

Moonbyul let her cry, patiently waiting for her to calm down so that they could talk. When she finally did, her sobs transforming in nothing but hiccups, she led Yongsun to her bedroom, where they sat on the bed. Byul had her back against the headboard, while Yong was leaning into her, one arm around her stomach.

Everytime Byul was around, Yongsun felt safe. Protected. Even in a situation like this, where she had no idea how to act, Byul was there to comfort her. These little acts made Yong fall even harder in love.

"Are you ready to tell me what's wrong?" Byul asked, although afraid to do so. She was afraid that Yongsun would confess to her. She was afraid she would have to turn her down so that they wouldn't jeopardize their entire career. She was afraid that, in the eventuality that she wouldn't be able to refuse her, someone would find out and leak that information to the outside world. She was also afraid that she wouldn't love her. Afraid that all of those little touches they've had, all of the gazes, all of the whispers, were interpreted differently by both of them. Byulyi was afraid to get her heart broken.

Yongsun thought carefully about the words she was about to say. It was a sensitive subject for the both of them, even though they didn't know about the other's feelings about it.

"Byul-ah, I can't..." Yongsun avoided Byul's eyes as she spoke. The younger girl used her finger to softly push her face towards her so that she could look at her properly.

"Yongsun, whatever it is, you can tell me. We've known each other for, what, eight years? There is literally nothing you could tell me that would drive me away from you. We're linked for life, dumbass, no matter what." Byul smiled reassuringly, using her thumb to wipe away a stray tear from Yong's face, who leaned into her touch.

"I know, Byulie. But this is hard for me. You know I'm terrible at expressing myself..." She laughed nervously at herself.

"You don't have to be embarrassed when it comes to me. I won't judge you."

"Yes, I know." Yongsun said, pausing for a moment to gather her words, taking a deep breath to calm herself down. "Byul-ah, I l-"

Yongsun was interrupted by her phone ringing.