서른 셋

Beware of the time skip ahead!!

Being stuck inside Yongsun's tiny apartment for two months is tiring, at least in Yongsun's point of view.

The last two months had been one of the hardest she'd ever experienced, and that's coming from a person who enjoyed staying at home. It was too much, for too long.

She felt anxious everytime they had to go shopping, everytime someone came to deliver something. And being nervous all the damn time because of a thing no one can even see, is pretty damn exhausting.

But Yongsun was used to staying indoors.

Byulyi, on the other hand, was climbing the walls in despair, eager to go for a walk, to drive somewhere, to visit her parents and her three lovely corgis. Having Yongsun there to distract her proved really useful, but there was only so much she could take.

As for Wheein, sure, she was a little bit nervous because of the virus, but she knew they were taking the right precautions and being the safest they could be. The probability of catching even a cold was small. No, Wheein was anxious because of her relationship with Hyejin. Not that it was at risk, far from that. It's just that Wheein couldn't shake the feeling that one day, Hyejin would wake up and realize that maybe Wheein isn't it for her. And Wheein won't be able to handle it.

Hyejin, though, she was living her best life. Sure, sometimes it sucked not being able to go out whenever she felt like it, but she had everything she needed there. Cuddles with the love of her life, food, spending entire days with her best friend, alcohol, a warm house. What more could she ask for? Besides... you know, freedom.

Just like every single day, Byulyi was getting antsy. She needed to move, she needed to breathe some fresh air, to take a walk in the park. Just like every single day, she couldn't. She usually found solace in Yongsun's embrace, but that day, not even that could make her feel better.

Yongsun was in her bedroom, sitting with her back against the headboard of her bed with a book in hand. The afternoon sun shone through her curtains, giving the room a nice glow and the ideal lighting for reading. She had done quite a bit of reading in these two months. Byulyi entered the room with a pout on her face and a pack of chocolate chip cookies on her hand, which she intended to share with her girlfriend.

Yongsun smiled at her, knowing exactly what had brought on the pout, and set her book aside, opening her arms for Byul. Byul opted to nudge her legs with her hand, asking Yongsun to open them, and she settles between them, resting her back on Yongsun's front. Yongsun wrapped her arms around her waist and pressed a soft kiss to her shoulder, and then opening her mouth to accept the cookie Byulyi was trying to feed her.

"Where are the kids?" Yongsun asked, realizing how strange the question felt now. It made her heart all warm and fuzzy (ew, why did I write this)

"They're testing the Switch. Honestly, best purchase we could have made." She said, her words only slightly perceptible because of the huge cookie she had just stuffed in her mouth. Yongsun hummed in agreement and slipped a cold hand under Byul's shirt, trying to warm it up. Byul winced at the contact and Yongsun laughed.

"Sorry. It's cold and you're warm." She said, holding her tighter as to prove her point.

"It's warmer in the living room." Byul pointed. She felt Yongsun shake her head against her shoulder.

"I needed some time alone. I love y'all but you can be noisy as fuck." She chuckled. Byul froze.

"If you want to be alone, I'll leave." She said, not really wanting to move from her position. Yongsun only held her tighter.

"Don't you dare." She warned. "You should know already that you don't really count. Alone time with you is better than alone time by myself." She said against her neck, smiling as she saw goosebumps appear on her skin.

"Yongsun." Byul called softly.

"Hmm?"

"I miss going outside." Byulyi said, sounding completely defeated. Yongsun sighed as she moved Byul's hair, leaving her neck exposed and pressing a kiss there.

"I know, love." She said. "The number of cases have been slowing down, maybe soon we'll be able to take small walks. We'll need to go shopping soon anyway, and it's our turn." She reasoned. Byulyi nodded.

"Yeah. You're right." She said, still sounding a bit sad. Yongsun decided that she definitely hated to see her girlfriend so down, so she decided to take matters into her own hands. Literally.

(I know Byul isn't ticklish but 🥺)

She carefully took the pack of cookies from Byul's hand, which earned her a confused look that she took away with a kiss. Then, she placed her hands on Byul's waist and pressed a finger to each of her sides, making Byul squeal and squirm away.

Yongsun laughed and chased her, eventually being able to straddle her and continue her relentless attack to any point she could touch, her waist, her armpits, her neck, until Byul was yelling, pleading for mercy, tears rolling down her cheeks as she laughed.

"Okay, okay." Yongsun said, finally stopping. "I accept your surrender." She leaned down, supporting herself by placing her arms beside Byul's head, and captured her lips in a gentle kiss. Byul pulled away and smiled at her.

"Thank you." She said. "You always know how to make me feel better." 

Yongsun smiled widely at her and got off from her lap.

"Those cookies are great," She started. "But how about we make some soft, warm chocolate chip cookies for us and feed these to the peasants?" She asked. Byul nodded excitedly.

"Yes please."

Yongsun stood up and held a hand out for Byul, pulling her to her feet forcefully, which made her crash into her chest.

"Woah there." She beamed. "Falling for me?"

Byul smiled back at her.

"I already did." She responded, giving Yongsun's butt a light squeeze that made her squeal and hit her arm.

"Let's go bake those cookies then."

After 84 years, here's another chapter.
I'm sorry it took almost a month 😅