여덟

A few days have passed since the day... that  happened. Precisely 6 days, in which Yongsun made little to no progress in rounding up courage to tell Byulyi about how she felt. There was one time, where she almost said it, but she chickened out, as we all predicted. Yongsun had been making dinner, while Byul was at her side, helping. The domestic feel of what they were doing made Yongsun realize that she wanted to do that everyday with Byul. Therefore, she started nervously:

"Hey Byul?" The other girl didn't look up from the vegetables she was chopping.

"Hmm?" Yongsun said nothing, continuing to stir the meat on the pan. This made Byul look up at her curiously. Upon seeing the nervous lip bite on her friend's face, she put the knife down and turned to her completely.

"What is it, Yong?" She asked softly.

"I- uh... Will- ahm... Will those vegetables take long? The meat can't be overcooked."

Yeah... Yongsun was a chicken when it came to Byul. But who can blame her? She had been friends with her for almost 8 years, she wasn't about to throw all that away because she was being selfish, right?

Besides that event, the days passed quickly, uneventful. They would watch movies, cook together, work, exercise.

Yongsun was watching TV on the couch while Byul was beside her with her computer on her lap, polishing some lyrics for the album. Suddenly, Yongsun's phone, that was between the two of them on the couch, dinged with a text, and lit up.

Ahnyoncé
Have you told Byul yet?

Unconsciously, Byul look at the phone and read the text displayed on the lock screen. At the same time, Yong quickly picked the phone up and turned off the screen, turning to the TV once again and pretending nothing had happened. Smooth...? No, not really.

"Yong?" Byul started cautiously.

"Hm?" Yong said, not taking her eyes off the TV. She was now sure Byul had read the message.

"I didn't mean to, and I'm sorry, but I saw the text Hyejinnie sent you... Is there something you need to tell me?"

Although she was worried about her friend, she couldn't help but to feel a twinge of jealousy knowing that she had told Hyejin first.

Calm down, there's a reason for that, I'm sure. Besides, she's not obligated to tell me everything first.

"...Yes. There is."  She said slowly, her fingers nervously fidgeting, her hands on her lap. Now Byulyi was really worried. She took Yongsun's hand in hers, so that she would stop fidgeting.

"Are you okay? You're not sick are you?" Byul's mind was already overthinking. The concerned tone and the question made Yongsun chuckle.

"No Byul, I'm not sick, I promise everything's okay." She pulled Byulyi's hand up to her lips and pressed a soft kiss against it. "You worry too much."

This action made the younger girl blush and lower her head, embarrassed. Yongsun sighed, removing one of her hands from Byul's grasp, and used it to put the hair that was covering her eyes behind her ear.

"What is it then? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I am so so-" Byul was interrupted by Yongsun's finger on her lips.

"Woman, chill. It's nothing bad. I think. Give me some time to figure out exactly how I'm gonna put this, you know I'm not the best with this kind of stuff." Once again, Byul blushed and shut up, nodding once. Sighing once more, Yongsun looked at Byul.

"Byul-ah, I-... ugh, why can't I just say it?!" She practically yelled in frustration, throwing her arms up. Yongsun was clearly irritated at herself.

"Hey, hey, take it easy, buttercup. I know how hard this is for you, why don't you just text me?"

"I'm not going to say something like this through text."

"Oh, okay... Is there any way you can show me without using your words?" Byul said, trying to help. Yongsun rubbed the back of her neck and giggled nervously.

"Yes."

"Then show me."

Yong was beggining to regret not saying it at once. This was much worse than what she had originally planned.

"You have to close your eyes." She said.

"W-What?" Byul was hoping this would take the turn she wanted it to. But it couldn't... right? That can't be it.

"Just do it. You told me to show you didn't you?"

Moonbyul gulped and nodded, proceeding to close her eyes. Yong took a shaky breath.

This is it. She thought. If I back down now, I might never have the guts to do it.

She placed her hands on Byulyi's cheeks and waited for the girl's reaction. When the girl did nothing but offer her a small smile, as if she was encouraging her, Yongsun leaned it and pressed a soft kiss on her lips. She relaxed when she felt Byul immediately kissing her back, placing her hands on her waist and pulling her closer. Yongsun sighed as she pulled away, resting her head on Byul's forehead, her hands now on the taller one's neck.

"I didn't expect you to kiss me back. I thought you were gonna pull away." Yong admitted. Byul laughed.

"I was hoping you would do that, but I also didn't think you would actually do it."

"So ahm..." Yongsun said. Byul smiled and kissed her shortly once again.

"I like you. Like, a lot." Moonbyul said once she pulled away.

"Thank you for doing the talking, Jesus Christ, I am dying on the inside." Yongsun said, sighing once again (someone get this girl some oxygen), before looking into Byul's eyes. "I like you a lot too, though."

They both laughed.

"I thought you'd never like me back..." Yongsun said.

"I thought you'd never like me back!" Byul retorted. "Now, what's that story with Hyejin? Tell me every detail so that I know how violent her death must be."