서른

Two days had passed since they played Hide and Seek, and Byul still wasn't sure whether Yongsun actually recorded them or not.

Work had died down a bit. They weren't allowed to leave the house, so there wasn't really a point in continuing their preparations for their next comeback, since they had to run everything through the producers and the CEO. So they'd been having some resting time. Some much needed resting time.

Yongsun and Byulyi had gone out to buy groceries. Yongsun had stocked up before the quarantine, but feeding four constantly hungry people was resourceful. They also figured their two younger friends needed some privacy. Ever since their little talk, there hadn't been much progress, but they both could see how much they were "suffering".

"Do you think this will help them?" Byulyi asked, stepping out of the apartment building geared up with a mask and a bottle of disinfectant.

"Probably. We're too annoying, they deserve some time alone." Yongsun replied, her voice ever so slightly muffled by her own mask.

In fact, Wheein and Hyejin were pretty grateful to be alone. Their unnies could be... suffocating at times.

Wheein specifically remembered that time when they were all in the living room watching a movie, and Yongsun kept glancing at them to see if any of them made a move. It had become irritating to say the least.

The two youngest girls decided to start watching a new show. They needed something to binge watch now that they had no work to do.

Deciding that they were sick of lying on the couch, they took advantage of their sleeping space and laid in their two person sleeping bag. Hyejin had her head propped up with two pillows, and allowed Wheein to lay her head on her chest. Wheein embraced Hyejin tightly by wrapping an arm around her waist. It was warm. Comfortable. Then why weren't they comfortable?

Physically, they were. They had no reason not to be, they enjoyed each other's presence and contact. But since their talk, the tension between them was high (hIgH tEnsIOn). They were advancing in their tightrope, reaching out for the thing they wanted the most. It was almost unbearable.

Hyejin could feel her heart beating fast, thinking about what she wanted to do. Wheein could feel it. She could hear it. And it was driving her crazy how her proximity was having this effect on Hyejin.

Little did she know, it always had.

"What are you thinking about?" Wheein asked, shifting in her position until she was able to lay her chin on her chest and look at her properly. "Your heart is beating like crazy."

Hyejin blushed and smiled at her.

"I just really like you." She said shyly, getting embarrassed and hiding her face in he free hand. Wheein giggled and took her hand away in order to look at her properly.

"I really like you too, Hyejinnie." She whispered, a soft smile illuminating her features. Hyejin lifted her hand and brushed a strand of hair out of Wheein's face.

"I've always thought you were crazily beautiful." She said. Wheein squealed and hid her face on Hyejin's neck.

"What's wrong with you?!" She asked, laughing. "Why are you being so cheesy?!"

Hyejin chuckled and stroked Wheein's hair.

"Well, firstly, because you deserve it. Secondly, because I want to..." She trailed off, too embarrassed to finish her sentence. Wheein lifted her head and gazed at her curiously.

"You want to what?" She asked. Hyejin smiled and shook her head fondly.

"I want to kiss you." Hyejin finally admitted,  caressing Wheein's cheek. Wheein was expecting a lot of things. That was on the list, but she never would've figured Hyejin would actually be brave enough to say it.

"Then do it." Wheein said, so quietly that Hyejin almost didn't hear her. Her eyes never left Hyejin's. Not when Hyejin smiled softly at her. Not when Hyejin sat up, and helped her sit up. Not when Hyejin's hand traveled all the way from her arm, to her nape, pulling her closer slowly.

The only time Wheein's eyes left Hyejin's was when she closed them, seconds before their lips pressed together.

Now, they're not gonna lie. It was an awkward kiss. But what did you expect from two best friends who, twelve years after meeting, finally decided to act upon their feelings?

But when they pulled away, they felt nothing but bliss. Cliché? Probably. Lame? Definitely. But it was the truth. They were each other's favorite person, and they finally overcame their fears together.

Wheein giggled once they pulled away.

"That was awkward." She said quietly. Hyejin smiled at her cheekily.

"Yeah." She said. "I loved it."

"Want to try again?" Wheein asked. Hyejin rolled her eyes.

"Now you're making me cringe, we're not twelve." She laughed. However, she pulled Wheein into another soft kiss, and felt her lover sigh into it, before deepening it just slightly.

The front door opened and they pulled away as if they were identical poles of a magnet.

"HOLY SHIT, WE'VE FINALLY COCKBLOCKED THEM, BYUL!" Yongsun yelled as she walked into the apartment. Byul came up behind her, shaking her head at her girlfriend's behavior.

"That's not exactly a good thing, babe. It means our effort to leave them alone went to waste." She said, placing her grocery bags by the door, and wrapping an arm around her waist and kissing her temple.

"Sorry guys, please don't mind us." Byul said to her two extremely flustered friends. "Maybe this will teach you not to walk in on us."

"Maybe we wouldn't walk in on you so much if you two weren't constantly jumping on each other." Hyejin retorted.

"It's called being in love, Hyejin" Yongsun replied from the kitchen while putting the groceries away.

"Being in love my ass. You two are worse than two horny seals." Wheein said, to which Hyejin nodded.

"But let's let them be, Wheein." Hyejin said. "They're making up for all these years of draught they've experienced."

Yongsun snorted as she placed a can of beans in the cabinet.

"Draught? Me? You're funny." She laughed. The three girls in the living room looked around with wide eyes.

"You were getting laid?" Hyejin asked, questioning Byul with her eyes and blinking incredulously when she shrugged. Yongsun came into the living room.

"Of course." She replied nonchalantly. "You think this libido gets fed by self-pleasure?"

Wheein looked at Yongsun weirdly.

"Was Yongsun always this perverted?" She asked. Byul was horrified.

"The machine tried to warn us." She said, her voice merely above a whisper.