스물 넷

The next few days ended up being quite hectic. The CEO had informed them that they would have to do a series of activities during the quarantine, such as several livestreams, as well as beggining the preparations for a new comeback. That meant writing lyrics, and composing some stuff, brainstorming concept ideas and choreography.

And doing that while they were stuck in Yongsun's tiny apartment together was... difficult. Either because Byul liked to write early in the morning, which clashed with Wheein's favorite time to practice choreography. Or because Yongsun's stretching interfered with Hyejin's composing sessions. Or because Yongsun and Byul's "lovey-dovey bullshit", as Hyejin would say, didn't let the other two girls concentrate while they were writing.

The truth was that everyone was stressed. Stressed about the outside world's situation, about the fact that they were stuck inside and missed taking walks or going for a run (not that any of them ever did that).

Wheein and Hyejin were tense. Oh no, not tense as in stressed. Their relationship was tense. They were walking on a tightrope where one end was friendship, the other was romance, and the abyss was a never-ending fight that would end up hurting them and everyone around them. And they'd been so close to falling off the rope.

The thing is, neither or them really understood was had been going on. They blamed the quarantine. They thought all of the awkwardness they had been feeling was just due to being stuck together for too long. But deep down, neither of them believed that. They'd been together for longer than two weeks. Certainly there had to be something else.

The first person to notice the change was Yongsun, observant of her group's behaviour, as the good leader she is. She started noticing Wheein's lingering gazes, and Hyejin's teasing touches. She then told Byul, who expressed she had also been observing said behavior.

"Should we set them up?" Byul asked mischievously one night, when they were  in bed.

"No." Yongsun replied. "I don't want to be held accountable if something goes wrong. You know how oblivious they are."

"Fucking hypocrites."

"Indeed."

Two days had passed since that night, and the tension only grew stronger. Now, don't get me wrong, they still acted like best friend. Only the cuddles were accompanied by racing hearts, the hugs by light grazes, the looks by an emotion so strong neither of them could hold for long.

Yongsun and Byul were getting tired of their shit.

On that particular night, they were watching TV. As usual, Byul and Yong sat on one couch, no one knew where one ended and the other began. All that could be distinguished was Yongsun's head on Byul's chest, and the latter's fingers running through her girlfriend's hair, which made her sigh contently as she paid no attention to what was playing since her eyes were closed.

On the other couch, Wheein and Hyejin were also cuddling, albeit more restrained than the other couple. They were both sitting. Wheein was leaning on Hyejin, her feet propped up on the couch, and Hyejin had an arm around her. At first, she wasn't sure where to put her arm. Where did she usually put her arm when they cuddled? They had done it so many times, how didn't she remember?

She ended up placing it gently on her waist (as a normal person would). Wheein's heart fluttered in her chest as she tensed up.

Byul noticed the situation and softly nudged Yongsun, who was startled and opened her eyes. Shushing her gently, Byulyi leaned down and whispered in her ear.

"Look at those two morons." She said smirking.

Without lifting her head, Yongsun peeked at the couple sat on the couch, shaking her head softly upon seeing their discomfort.

"Once a dumb bitch, always a dumb bitch." Yongsun replied sleepily, closing her eyes once again and hugging Byul tighter, as a sign that she wanted her to hold her tighter as well. Byulyi did so, and Yongsun pressed a kiss against her collarbone, slightly exposed by her oversized t-shirt.

"Can you guys stop that? We're trying to watch a movie." Hyejin replied, teasingly, although the older girls couldn't help but notice a slight awkwardness in her tone.

"Aww is Hyejinnie jealous?" Byulyi teased, to see where it would go.

"Jealous of what?" Hyejin yelled, her high pitched indicating her discomfort at the whole situation. "I have nothing to be jealous about." She hastily removed her arm from around Wheein.

Byul sighed.

"Alright, let's have a chat, you and me." She said, patting Yongsun's butt to indicate that she wanted to get up. After a long groan, Yongsun peeled herself from Byulyi to a sitting position on the couch, rubbing her eyes in the process.

"Baby." Byulyi chuckled, pressing a kiss on her forehead after getting up.

"Don't take too long, it's cold without you." Yongsun pouted, her voice raspy from all the singing she had been doing that day. She was needy when she was sleepy.

"Aish, you whiny child." Byulyi muttered, getting the blanket from the back of the couch and draping it around her girlfriend's shoulders and covering her head with it, like a shawl. Yongsun held it tightly under her chin, which made her chubby cheeks appear even chubbier. Byul's heart warmed at the sight. The usual strong leader acting like a baby.

With a sigh, she signaled Hyejin to follow her into her and Yongsun's shared bedroom (for the time being).

"Unnie, what is it?" Hyejin whined.

"What's up with you and Wheeinie?" She asked immediately after shutting the door. Hyejin widened her eyes at her brutal question.

"Wha- N-Nothing!" She squeaked, indicating that she was lying.

"Don't you dare, Ahn Hyejin."

"Unnie..." She started with a sigh, sitting on the bed. "I... I think I'm in love with her." She finally admitted.

Byul sat down beside her and nudged her softly with her shoulder.

"Yes, Hyejin, we been knew." Byul teased. "But you've felt like that for a while now. What changed?"

"I guess I put some thought into it... She's my best friend, Byul, if I screw this up, I don't... I can't live without her..." Byul wrapped Hyejin in a hug.

"That was lame. But I know." She tried to lighten up the mood. "Look, I have no guarantee that she feels the same way. But,  I can certainly say that nothing, and I mean nothing, can tear you two apart. You've been through so much together, and you've always stuck to each other. This will be no different. You need to tell her how you feel, I can tell this is ripping you apart." Byul advised.

"I guess... Thanks, unnie. Maybe you are useful after all." Hyejin said, patting the older girl's head.

"Hey, I just helped you and this is how you treat me?!" She asked. Hyejin shrugged, standing up.

"Last one to the living room pays for takeout." She said, sprinting off.

Byul groaned loudly, standing up and trying to run after her. As expected, Hyejin arrived first.

"Just think about what I said." Byul said as she sat down on the couch, accepting a tired Yong-squirtle hybrid into her arms.

Y'all I've finished highschool! :')
Now I just have to focus on studying for those three exams and then I'm done ahhhhhh

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. I'm trying to progress with Wheesa, but since this is Moonsun story I don't want to stray too far from that. I hope it was okay.

Thank you for reading!