서른 하나

Byulyi often wondered how bored the human mind could get. And after witnessing Wheein trying to eat instant cup noodles while lying upside down on the couch, she figured it could get pretty damn bored.

"Wheein-ah, you're going to choke on that." She warned, to which Yongsun, who was passing by with folded laundry, cackled.

"That's what she said!" She yelled, before entering the bedroom to put her clothes away. Byul shook her head, looking at the ceiling exasperated. Meanwhile, Hyejin had entered the living room, laughing loudly at her girlfriend.

"Wheein, I bet you can't eat it all in under thirty seconds." She challenged. Wheein, whose face was already beggining to turn red, smirked.

"You're on. Loser bottoms." She said, setting the bet's wage. Byul, in between feeling disgusted and fascinated, huffed.

"I am surrounded by children." She concluded, with a shrug that no one actually witnessed. Yongsun came back to the living room and stopped next to Byulyi, placing an arm around her shoulder as she witnessed Wheein almost spill her noodles on the rug.

"Then I guess what you did to me last night is considered pedophilia." The oldest observed, placing a kiss on Byul's cheek, who grimaced at her words. Yongsun noticed her girlfriend's disgusted expression and giggled. "Yeah, that one was pretty bad." She admitted, sitting on the couch next to the one where Wheein was slurping the noodles violently into her mouth as Hyejin counted the time.

"Twenty-six... Twenty-seven... Twenty-ei- No!" Hyejin yelled as Wheein laughed victoriously, an empty paper cup in her hands.

"Well, Hyejin." Yongsun said, grunting as she stood up and approaching her, patting her back. "I guess we'll have to buy you some crutches so you can walk tomorrow."

Hyejin frowned and gave Yongsun the middle finger while Wheein struggled to stand up.

"I think I'm going to bed." Yongsun announced, a yawn pronouncing exactly how sleepy she was. Byul nodded.

"Yeah, me too. Cleaning made me tired." She added. Hyejin snorted.

"Yeah, call it cleaning." She laughed. "Have you been trimming Yongsun's garden as wel-"

"Hyejin, I think they got it, no need for further explanation." Wheein face palmed, getting up to throw the paper cup away.

"Yep. Sure did." Byul said, slightly more traumatized than she had been before, making a beeline for Yongsun's bedroom.

"Good luck Hyejin-ah." Yongsun said. "I would offer you the strap, Wheein, but I don't think y'all want it."

"Nah." Wheein replied. "I don't want other women's weiners. I have mine." She said, pointing to Hyejin, making Yongsun bend over laughing.

"D-Did you just call me a weiner?" Hyejin said, baffled.

"She... She did!" Yongsun said, trying to catch her breath.

"Why the fuck are you laughing so hard?" Hyejin frowned. "It was so childish."

"Exactly!" Yongsun yelled, making her way to her bedroom. "Goodnight, guys. Love you." She said, once she had calmed down, her eyes teary and her face red.

"Love you too, unnie." Wheein said.

"I'm mad at you." Hyejin managed to reply before Yongsun closed the door completely.

Byulyi heard the door close as she was finishing putting on her pajamas. Yongsun smiled at her, and received a soft smile back.

Yongsun approached Byulyi and grabbed her waist.

"I haven't seen you in pajamas in a while." She said, smirking as she leaned closer, her mouth so close to Byul's she could feel her breath.

"Yeah... We haven't been using them a lot, have we?" Byul said, a suggestive smile playing at her lips. Yongsun kissed her fully on the lips, keeping the kiss passionate, but soft. Byul lifted a hand and placed it on Yongsun's nape, pulling her a little bit closer.

"What was that for?" Byul asked when they pulled away. Yongsun flashed her a smile.

"Nothing. Can't a woman kiss her girlfriend without having a reason to?" She asked. Byul laughed.

"There's always a reason, Yong. You could have been swayed by my greasiness, or so, so in love with me you couldn't resist. Maybe both." She teased. Yongsun rolled her eyes and pulled away from her girlfriend, turning around to get her own pajamas on, muttering about how Byul always "ruined the moment" and how Pizza Hut called because they want their grease back. (sorry y'all, Pizza Hut's pizzas are delicious, but  d a m n  are they greasy.)

Byul threw herself into bed.

"Shut up and come cuddle." She said, extending her arms for Yongsun, who gladly fit herself in between them, her head resting on Byul's neck crook.

"You're so comfy." Yongsun observed, placing her hands on Byul's arms, leading the other girl to place a soft kiss on her temple.

"Wheein said I had pointy bones once, though." Byul pointed out. Yongsun chuckled, and Byul could feel her shaking with laughter, which made her smile. Yongsun's laughter always made her smile.

"You do, but not in this position." Yongsun argued. A moment of silence followed. Comfortable silence, in which each girl simply enjoyed the other's warmth. Yongsun snuggled a little closer, Byul wrapped her arms just a little bit tighter.

"I'm gonna miss this." Yongsun said. Byul chuckled.

"Miss what?" Yongsun adjusted her position so that she was facing Byul, who was smiling softly at her, her eyes sparkling slightly.

"These moments. Falling asleep with you every night and waking up with you every morning." She replied. "When the quarantine ends, you'll go back to your place and we won't spend as much time together, you know?"

Byul stopped for a moment to think deeply about the question. Should she? Was it early? Of course it was early, a few weeks it's early for any relationship. Nevertheless, Byul decided that Yongsun was worth the risk.

"You know..." She started, tracing circles on Yongsun's back. "Not necessarily." Yongsun frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe, and this is just a though, but maybe we could... move in together?" Byul finished, her voice laced with uncertainty. Yongsun blinked, perplexed.

"Are you serious?" She asked. "Like, are you actually being serious right now?"

"Well, yeah..." Byul replied with a sheepish expression. "We don't have to, if you don't want to, but I want you to know that it's a possibility, and that it's totally up to you."

"Byul-ah." Yongsun said. "Can I think about it a little bit?" She asked. Byul's smile faded a little bit, which Yongsun noted immediately, cupping her girlfriend's cheeks with two hands. "No, baby, no. I'm not rejecting you. I will move in with you eventually, but it's only been a month, you know?"

"Yeah, I know." Byul said, reassured. "You have all the time you want, love." She said, pressing a kiss to Yongsun's forehead.

"I'm..." Yongsun started, but trailed off, unsure if it was the right thing to say at that moment. Byul gave her waist a reassuring squeeze.

"I'm going to marry you someday, Byul." She whispered, as if it were less scary to do so.

Then, the biggest smile Yongsun had ever seen appeared on Byul's face, who subconsciously moved her hand to cover the wrinkles on her nose. Yongsun tutted and moved it away.

"Don't you dare. They're adorable." She said, placing a kiss on her nose.

"I want to marry you someday too, Yong." Byul said. "Time to sleep?" She said, to which Yongsun nodded.

"Oh, fuck, Wheein, right there!" A muffled voice sounded through the bedroom door, making Yongsun groan and Byul huff and stand up from the bed.

"I'll go get the headphones, get the laptop, we have some Netflix to watch."