스물 아홉

Playing Hide and Seek is always a mess. Playing Hide and Seek with four, hyperactive grown women is just downright chaotic.

After clearing the table and doing the dishes, the three women made their way to the living room to meet Hyejin. However, when they got there, the room was completely dark, except from the light coming from the kitchen. Yongsun and Wheein felt a tap on their shoulders and turned around silently, Yongsun jumping as usual, to stare at Hyejin's dim lit face, which was staring back at them mischievously. With a nod of her head, Hyejin informed the two girls that it was hiding time. Byul wouldn't even have to count.

The two girls caught on pretty quickly, and soon, Byul was alone and confused in the middle of the living room, thinking that her girlfriend and one of her best friends were standing right behind her.

"Is Hyejin playing another one of her pranks?" She asked to absolutely no one. When she got no answer, Byul turned around. She couldn't see anything. Byul wasn't sure whether she was facing the girls or absolute nothingness. "...Guys?" She asked again.

Yongsun was in her hiding place feeling biased. On the one hand, she didn't want Byul to feel left out or confused. But on the other hand, her reaction was priceless. Yongsun had to cover her mouth to prevent giggling. There was no way Byulyi would find her there.

"Come on guys, don't scare me." Byul said with a sigh. "You know it doesn't work with me, I'm not Yongsun!"

Yongsun opened her mouth to protest, but soon remembered she couldn't do that without revealing her location.

They heard Byul move around, grunting when she hit her shin on the couch, her hands grazing the wall, looking for the light switch. When she finally found it, she turned it on, finding herself in an empty room. Or so she thought.

"You weren't actually abducted, right?" She asked loudly, as she looked beneath the table to find nothing at all. She turned her back to the table, her eyes searching for her friends. "Guys? Yonggie?" She called, panicking a bit now that she heard the silence that fell upon the apartment. Until she turned around again and saw a piece of paper that wasn't there before. Now she was getting freaked out.

Yongsun was so close to coming out of her hiding spot to tell Byul she was okay. The taller girl was shaking slightly in fear that her friends were not actually fine.

Byulyi opened the folded piece of paper to find a handwriting she knew too well. Hyejin's.

Unnie,
Welcome to the first Hide and Seek match of the evening. Consider this payback for calling your girlfriend a monkey.
Whoever you find first will lose the match and will have to count next.
Choose wisely, I don't think your relationship can handle it if Yongsun unnie gets found first.

Love (not really, I hate you),
Hyejinnie

Byul rolled her eyes at her friend's extra behavior and sighed in relief.

"Next time you pull one of these, Ahn Hyejin, I will strangle you in your sleep." She muttered to herself. "And I did not call my girlfriend a monkey!"

Wheein was feeling a bit claustrophobic in her hiding place, but as long as she didn't have to count, she would endure it. She couldn't see where Byulyi was, neither could she hear her very well. All she heard was her panicking.

As for Hyejin, she was closer to Byul than the other two girls, really close actually, but she couldn't move a muscle without giving away her position. But she had to be close, otherwise she couldn't have placed the paper on the table.

Yongsun's back was starting to hurt slightly from the hunched position she was in. She was sure it would go away though. Maybe. Possibly. It didn't matter, losing Hide and Seek wasn't something she wanted to happen. They were at war.

Byul looked around unmotivated. Where would she even start? She turned on her detective senses and walked around looking for evidence of the girls' presence.

As soon as she took the first step, though, her foot encountered a hard thing (her dic- no.). When she looked down, however, she only saw Yongsun's fluffy rainbow blanket. And a foot.

Wait, a foot?

Crouching down, she took the blanket off the ground and there was the loser. Ahn Hyejin. Byul let out a loud laugh.

"HA. In your fucking face you bitch!" She exclaimed as she helped Hyejin up, slapping her head immediately after. "You made me think something had happened to you!"

"Sorry, unnie, your face was worth it." Hyejin laughed. Yongsun had heard the commotion and stepped out of her hiding place. Her laundry hamper. Once she got to the living room, she witnessed the maknae and her girlfriend wrestling on the floor.

"Next time...!" Byul exclaimed while she headlocked Hyejin. "I'll kidnap Wheein and see how you like it!"

"Guys, break it up!" Yongsun said, clapping and chuckling at their behaviour. Byul laughed once she looked at Yongsun, as did Hyejin. Confused, Yongsun ran a hand through her face.

"Do I have something on my face?" She asked. Byul stood up and shook her head softly, flashing Yongsun a gentle but teasing smile while she approached her.

"No, you just have a bit of a panty situation." Byul giggled as she peeled off one of Yongsun's pairs of panties out of her hair. Yongsun laughed as well.

"I'm never hiding in the hamper again." She said.

"Where's Wheein?" Hyejin asked. "Wheein-ah!" She called.

"Can't live without your girlfriend for five minutes, Hyejin-ah?" Byul teased. Hyejin widened her eyes at Byulyi.

"Shh!" She said. "She's not my girlfriend!" Hyejin defended herself a little bit too quickly.

"Now, or...?" Yongsun asked carefully.

"Now! Now shut the fuck up with that, I don't want to scare her by going too fast!" Yongsun smiled in understanding.

"Look at our Hyejinnie being all soft." Byul cooed, pinching one of the youngest one's cheeks. "They grow up so fast, don't they?" Byul asked mockingly.

"Whatever." Hyejin said, rolling her eyes. "Wheein-ah!" She called again, hearing a soft yell coming from the kitchen. Thinking Wheein was in danger, she widened her eyes and ran to the other division.

Byul and Yongsun stayed behind.

"Why can't you worry about me like that?" Yongsun pouted. Byul smirked at her.

"Because I'm here to save you before you even get in danger." She said, winking before making her way to the kitchen to join the other two.

"I regret even thinking about asking that." Yongsun muttered.

"No you don't!" Byul called from the kitchen.

Turns out, Wheein's yell wasn't a cry for help, the small girl was simply trying to get out of one of Yongsun's lowest cabinets.

When Yongsun got there, Wheein was already up, her nose scrunched up.

"Unnie, why does that cabinet smell so much like bleach?" She asked. "My nose hair is burning."

"Yongsun unnie uses bleach to cleanse her eyes after watching lesbian porn." Hyejin explained matter-of-factly.

"I don't need lesbian porn, Hyejin-ah. I am the lesbian porn." Byul squinted at Yongsun.

"Are you filming me without my consent? I'll sue you." She warned.

"Relax, Byul-ah, they're for my private collection." Yongsun said, moving to the living room once again. "I believe Hyejin is counting?"

"Wait." Byul said, running after her girlfriend. "Yongsun? Do you actually film it? Yong? Answer me!"