1

Today is February 1st 2020. It's ALSO the day I move to Los Angeles! Pretty big deal, mainly because I'm moving from Canada and so far from my friends and family. But taking this chance was no question. I'm excited to be in a new place and learn new things.

Quick back ground story. My names Madeline, Maddy for short, I'm 22, I'm from a small town in Canada called Summerside. Not a whole lot to do there and only one high school, so it makes sense that I met my boyfriend there and we've been dating for the last 7 years. At least up until last month when we broke up. We had been living together while he was in college. Long story short I moved out and back in with my parents. They pushed for me to find a place of my own but it's hard on a minimum wage serving job. I've been really trying to get my life together. It's really hard though when you have no idea what you want to do with your life. I danced competitively growing up, and once I graduated I taught dance up until this past summer. I tried a whole bunch of things though, having never gone to college or gotten a degree it's a tough world out there finding work. Besides, serving isn't so bad. I really like talking to people. So anyways I was feeling down and irrationally I decided to pack my things and move to the big city. LA. The city of angels. Where dreams are made of. Having no plan at all. Wish me luck!