2

When I told my parents my plan to move to LA, they yelled and told me I was crazy. But then once they found out they couldn't tell me not to (because I'm an adult) they told me if things didn't work out that I was always welcome back. Which was a good feeling considering I wasn't sure what I'd do exactly when I got there. So I packed a few bags full of everything I thought was essential, packed my car (I drive a black Jeep) and hit the road, with a quick pit stop at the bank to switch all the tips I'd been saving from the last 2 months from CAD to USD. I mentally prepared myself for a 4 day drive and didn't look back.

-4 days later-

I arrived in LA February 4th and the first thing I did was find a gym. I needed a shower badly. I got to the nearest gym, bought a day pass and went straight to the showers. I took my time and relaxed a bit after the drive. My hair was looking rough. After the wash though my auburn hair was decently presentable. My next priority was to find a job. It was around 4pm and I decided to dig out my binder of resumes from my trunk. I drove around the streets of LA and handed one into every restaurant I could find. After that I drove to the nearest Walmart, went in and bought the biggest bottle of water I could find, a box of crackers and a bag of apples. Mmm, dinner. I parked in the furthest corner of the lot and fell asleep. Hoping that I'd have calls for jobs the next morning.

-next day-

I woke up at dawn from the sun shining through my window. About 9Am, I grabbed a small bag with a change of clothes and toiletries and went into the Walmart bathroom to change. Once I did I came back to my car to find my phone with 2 missed calls. I immediately called them back, did a short interview over the phone and got the job at Olive Garden. I start tomorrow.

-next day-

I woke up early and went back to the same gym to shower and get ready for my first day at work. Living out of my car wasn't so bad only my body was so sore from not laying down for almost a week now. I headed to work and started training as a server and was told over the next week I'd be trained as a bartender as well. It was a pretty easy job and having already been a server for so long, I wasn't intimidated at all. I like it here, maybe some day I'll find an apartment of my own and call this place home.