30

-Maddy's P.O.V-

I woke up in an empty bed. The sun was beating through the window blinding me. I got up and wandered to my room to change my clothes and throw my hair in a bun. When I went down stairs I heard music playing, and I saw Ondre cooking breakfast. It looked like a tornado had gone through the kitchen and he honestly looked like he had no idea what he was doing but he had a smile on his face when he saw me, so none of it really mattered.

"Heyyy good morning beautiful" he said dropping his spatula and coming to kiss me.

"Good morning" I laughed looking around. "What's going on here?"

"No no it's a surprise go wait over there!" He said pointing to the dining table. So I went over and sat down. A few minutes later he came out with 2 plates, each had bacon, eggs and pancakes with little berries. I smiled and looked up at him.

"Oh my goodness this is so cute" I said.

"Well I hope it tastes okay I've never made this stuff before and it was hard. But I just wanted to make you something nice and tell you that I love you and I know things are tough right now and it might seem like the world is against us but as long as we have each other we can get through anything." He said holding my hand across the table. I got a little choked up and smiled at him. I had to stay strong though, nobody wants me here. And I know that. I can't stay here.

I squeezed his hand and let go.

"Okay enough of that let's eat" he said picking up his fork and knife. We ate and I helped him clean up.

"I'm just gonna head up for a shower, thank you for breakfast" I said before turning and heading upstairs. When I got to the top of the stairs Tony came from his room and grabbed me pulling me into my room. I panicked knowing my room was pretty much empty.

"Woah uh no let's not stay in here," I said. He looked around. "I can explain see I—"

"I know what you're doing" he interrupted.

"What do you mean I'm not doing anything" I said nervously.

"You can't leave" he said.

"How do you—" I started but he interrupted me again.

"I heard you and chase last night, I had fallen asleep on the couch in the living room and I woke up when I heard you come down the stairs. I heard everything. And I saw everything Maddy. You can't just leave." He said.

"If you heard everything then you heard him say they don't want me here. I cause more bad than good here and that was never what I wanted. Ondre's life is messed up because of me. His friends have turned on him, his social media is lacking, apparently I'm just a huge distraction. I have to leave." I said.

"Do you have any idea what that will do to him? How heartbroken he'll be?" He said. I looked down.

"Yeah well I'm heartbroken too Tony. Do you really think this is what I want? Like I planned this all along? It's not. But I can tell when I need to remove myself from a situation. When I'm no longer wanted. He'll do so much better without me." I said tearing up. He could tell I was hurting. He pulled me in for a hug and I cried.

"If you leave, you're just going to wonder about what could have been if you'd stayed. You're gonna go back home and realize why you came here in the first place. Maddy if you leave, you can't come back. He's not going to forgive you." He said and I knew he was right. I nodded and looked down. "You're staying" he said. I took a deep breath, wiped the tears from my eyes and lifted my head.

"I'm staying" I said. He hugged me again.

"Alright well we need to go get your things then" he said heading towards the door.

When he walked out I saw Ondre coming down the hall towards my room. I couldn't let him in here he couldn't see it empty he would know what was going on. I met him at the door and tried to walk out.

"What's wrong were you crying? Why are your eyes all red are you okay?" He said holding my face and walking us back into my room.

"No Ondre it's okay I'm fine let's just go to your room" I said trying to push him out. But he noticed. His eyes wandered around my room and his expression dropped. Then he looked at me expressionless. "Ondre please let me explain" I started.

"You're leaving?" He asked looking back at me.

"No I'm not leaving I promise I just had a bit of a breakdown and it's fine Tony talked me into staying—" I said

"Tony talked you into staying? What about me what about everything I said? Was that not enough for you to stay?" He interrupted me. "When were you gonna tell me?"

"Ondre please don't be mad I was gonna tell you" I said

"When? As you're driving down the highway back to Canada? Don't I deserve a bit more than that Maddy?" He said getting angrier. "Don't I deserve a goodbye? Does what we have not mean anything to you? You were so willing to just drop me and leave without as much as a goodbye?"

"You don't understand Ondre" I said tears running down my cheeks.

"Oh I think I understand. I understand how little you really care about us." He said walking towards the door.

"Ondre please let me explain!" I said following him and grabbing his arm. He turned and pulled his arm away.

"Maybe you really should go" he said looking down towards me, his back to me. I didn't say anything as I watched him walk out the door to his room. I heard his door slam and I crumbled to the ground in tears.

New Girl - Ondreaz LopezOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara