9

-Maddy's P.O.V-

I thanked Ondre for coming out and helping me find everything. And for buying all this food. He offered to help put everything away but I insisted I take care of it. I put some music on and got to organizing the kitchen. Everyone was pretty much gone now except for the ones staying. And it seemed like they were all outside at the pool anyways, so I didn't feel bad turning up my music. I feel like I might be the only one here who listens to country music so if they say something I'll turn it off. But it reminds me of home. So I was jamming out to "Beer never broke my heart" by Luke Combs while putting things away.

I noticed the place was kind of a mess too. The trash wasn't taken out and there was a weird smell coming from the fridge. So I took it upon myself to totally clean everything. Fun fact about myself I have a cook book. Well it's not a real one it's just a big notebook where I write all my recipes in. Every time I make something new I add it in. So after cleaning I took inventory on what we had so I could decide what to make.

For dinner I was going to make just some fresh sourdough bread and mix up a maple infused butter with it, and I'd serve that to start, then for the main I'd make roasted carrots and fingerling potatoes with sliced honey garlic sausage on a bed of arugula with a pepita and parsley salsa Verde. This might be my favourite recipe. I started with the bread, let it proof and moved onto the butter, then back to the bread to bake and back to the butter to chill. Then I chopped all my veggies and lined 3 baking sheets. The veggies took up 2 sheets and the sausages on the last one. Once the bread was done I cranked up the heat in the oven and roasted everything. While they were cooking I made my salsa verde and my arugula salad. They didn't take long so I went out to set the table. I set with small plates to start with bread and then I would plate and serve the main course. I sliced the bread and put it into two bowls and then two more dishes with butter then I quickly went and flipped everything from the oven and continued roasting. I decided it was almost ready so I went outside to tell everyone to come in for dinner. It was about 6PM. Pretty good timing if I do say so myself.

"Woah smells good in here!" Tayler yelled walking in. I smiled ear to ear I was so excited.

"Oh and you set the table that's so cute!" Addison said running over.

"Oh my goodness did you make bread? Is this legit fresh bread?" Tony asked grabbing a piece.

"Yes it's sourdough with a maple infused butter!" I said pointing to it. I heard the oven go off so I scurried away to the kitchen. I started with the salad as a base, then took each sausage and sliced it into small circles and placed it on the salad, then the veggies and topped each with the salsa. All of them looked perfect. I carried 3 plates at a time to the table and then went back for my own. Addison saved me a seat next to her, across from Ondre. Everyone seemed so excited and so I explained to everyone exactly what it was.

"Shoot we never need to order in again with this kind of service" Taylor added.

I laughed and everyone started eating. I was getting a lot of thumbs ups and approving nods. It's a good feeling making everyone dinner.

After eating we all brought our dishes into the kitchen. They all offered to help clean up and thanked me for cooking.

"Now I know these aren't home made, but I got some cookies today for desert" I said putting them out on the island in the kitchen once we had all cleaned up.

Suddenly my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and saw that it was my ex boyfriend Tyler. I just ignored the call and put my phone in back in my pocket. He had messaged me a couple times since I'd moved but I never replied. I want nothing to do with him. I felt my pocket buzz again. I ignored it.

"You good?" Addison looked at me

"Yeah just my stupid ex trying to call me" I said quietly rolling my eyes. I guess not quiet enough

"Want me to talk to him?" Ondre asked

"Noooo no no that's okay I don't even talk to him" I said.

"Okay okay, I was thinking about going out for a swim if anyone wants to join" he said walking outside.

I went up to change into my swim suit. I threw on a big Toronto Raptors tee shirt over top that went just down past my butt. When I went outside I heard Alex from across the pool,

"RAPS IN 6" he yelled referring to the raptors winning the NBA finals in game 6 this past season. It was a pretty big deal for Canada. I jumped back throwing my hands in a "swish" movement. Everyone laughed.

I pulled my tshirt off over my head and dove into the pool. Ondre was on a tube floating so I dove and swam under him. I popped up at the edge of the pool and watched as the sun set. I turned around and made eye contact with him.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I asked referring to the sunset.

"Absolutely gorgeous" he smiled at me.