21

-Maddy's P.O.V-

When we told everyone we were going to my hometown, Tony and Addison got really jealous and wanted to come too. So we agreed it would be cool to have them come along and so they bought tickets to come with us. Why not, the more the merrier.

Ondre insisted we fly home rather that drive 4 days. We each packed a bag, I told everyone to bring the most boring clothes they own, no chains or anything flashy. Tony asked if we could go shopping when we get there to get better clothes and I said sure but warned them we don't only have like 3 stores.

I'd been on the phone with my friends this morning about coming home. They were so excited to meet Ondre and to show him our town. We have one bar. It's pretty small and gross but when we all lived there we would go every weekend. And since their opening again I know this weekend if going to be busy. Since students just finished their semesters at school, everyone I went to high school with is likely going to be there. Which probably means my ex Tyler will be there. But I'm not letting him spoil my time with Ondre. Then my best friend Chloe said she would pick us up from the airport. She's so sweet. After that call we packed the car and hit the road.

"If I'm being honest, I've never flown before" I admitted.

"Really?" Tony asked as we drove to the airport.

"Yeah, is it scary?" I asked

"Not at all" Ondre said putting his hand on my thigh.

We got to the airport, checked in our bags, and suddenly we were getting swarmed by girls. I kind of forgot they were famous. I'll admit it did bother me a little that they were interrupting us but I just stood back. Ondre and I made eye contact and he mouthed 'I'm sorry' to me. I just smiled at him. It's not his fault. Then a girl asked if she could have a photo with Ondre and I. I was pretty surprised, Ondre spoke for me and we posed for a selfie. We said goodbye and boarded the plane. I kept thinking how Ondre and I don't have any photos together really. So weird.

I was a little nervous but I felt safe with him. We settled in for our 8 hour flight, Tony and Addison sat across the isle from us. Once we took off and climbed to altitude we started watching a movie on Ondre's laptop sharing my AirPods. A stewardess offered us drinks and I declined at first, but then they all convinced me to have one to ease my stress. Then 1 turned into 2, and 2 turned into 3 and so on. We were each 5 drinks in, having a great time I didn't know how long we'd been on the plane but soon I passed out on Ondre's shoulder.

I later woke up to him telling me we were about to land. I did a little stretch and rubbed my eyes. He was smiling at me.

"What" I said

"Nothin you just so cute" he said

I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. After we landed I texted Chloe letting her know we were on our way out. We walked outside of our gate and I saw my other best friend Todd's old red pickup truck with Chloe in the passenger side. They both came out as I ran up to give them both a hug. Chloe and Todd has just started dating, the three of us were best friends all through school.

"Guys these are my best friends Chloe and Todd, and this is Addison, Tony and Ondreaz." I said introducing them. They all got aquatinted and we grabbed our bags.

"Sorry guys I would have brought a different car I thought it was just the 2 of you" Todd said.

"We had a couple last minute stow aways" I laughed

"Hey no problem we can sit back here" Tony said jumping into the box of the truck. We all laughed as we piled our bags into the back and Addison joined him. Ondre and I climbed into the back seat, the other two seemed to be having a great time out there.

Chloe put on "Knockin boots" by Luke Bryan. We rolled all the windows down and cranked the music as we sang at the top of our lungs, driving into the sunset.

"SWEET TEA NEEDS THAT SUGAR STIRRIN,
SMALL TOWN NIGHTS NEED BOTH ENDS BURNIN
SHADES NEED DRAWIN
HEARTS NEED FALLIN
BOOTS NEED KNOCKINNNN
KNOCKIN BOOTS"

We sang, Ondre didn't know the words he just laughed and moved to the beat.

It was so nice to be home, I missed the country roads and the water and my friends.

Chloe and Todd dropped us off at my parents house, where I'd be taking my old truck to our hotel. I'd love to stay with my parents but there's just too many of us. We said goodbye to them and thanked them for the ride.

As we passed my truck we all threw our bags in the back of it.

"So if you guys want you can head to the hotel, I thought I'd visit with my parents. You guys are more than welcome to come in I just don't want to pressure you to." I said

"No way Mads let's go in!" Addison said. Mads. That's a new one, I like it. So we headed for the door. I'm a little nervous for Ondre to meet my parents this is pretty big. I'm sure everything will be fine.