33

-Maddy's P.O.V-

I don't know why but I knocked on his door, even though he told me to come in. He opened the door, I looked up at him and then back down as I walked in. I was so anxious I didn't even know what to say. I sat on the edge of his bed and he sat next to me.

"So um," I stared trying to break the silence, "I just wanted to ask, um, like are we broken up? I just, I'm really confused because sometimes it seems like you hate me and others—"

"Hate you?" He interrupted, "I could never hate you, I mean yeah I'm upset but hate, no never Maddy"

"Okay I'm sorry I just don't really know what to feel or what to say to you" I said.

"I just want to know what happened to make you want to just leave. Was it something I did? Like why was your first instinct to just leave?" He asked looking at me.

I was really hoping he wouldn't ask that. I hate getting into this kind of stuff. It makes me seem so dramatic and I hate it. But he did ask and now I guess I should probably explain.

"Um, I guess I'm just like not very good at saying goodbye. I never really have been. And I don't want to use that as an excuse. But when I was really young we had a dog before the ones I have now. And she got really sick and we had to put her down, and my whole family went to the vet to be with her and I stayed home, because I didn't want to be there for the end. When I found out my ex cheated on me I left, because I didn't want to fight and cry and watch our relationship crumble to an end" I debated mentioning this next part but he should know "and my mom" I started to tear up "she's one of the biggest reasons I left home. She's been fighting cancer for a while now, she's really not well, I know she seemed okay when we saw her but that was just her putting up a front for everyone. I know she's not okay. And I want to be there for her but I can't be there for the end" I said now crying. He grabbed my hands and I looked up at him. "I want to remember things when they were good."

He pulled me in to a hug as I tried to pull myself together. I've never admitted that to anyone. Because I feel like it's wrong and I'm a horrible person for it but it's clearly something I need to work on. I pulled away and wiped my tears. I can't keep doing this I can't keep breaking down in front of him. Only to have him comfort me and then leave, confusing me more.

"I'm sorry for crying I feel like I keep doing this I'm just so emotional lately I'm not usually like this." I said sniffling and drying my eyes.

"Don't be sorry, Maddy why have you never told me about your mom? I had no idea she was sick" he said.

"I should have told you I know, it's just hard to talk about" I said looking down. "But that's not what I came over here for Ondre, I've been so confused. Like what are we right now? Cause if we're broken up then I need to know"

"Do you want to be broken up?" He asked.

"Like no, do you?" I asked surprised he said that.

"God no, I just needed my space and I should have told you that but I couldn't let myself be around you, because I'd be too content just moving in like nothing happened. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off you. I needed to keep my mind off you to get myself to forgive you." He said.

"And? Do you forgive me?" I asked.

He leaned in and kissed me.

"Of course. But you have to promise me that next time you want to run, you run to me. Deal?" He said holding his pinky out. I locked mine in his and said

"Deal"

We wound up spending the rest of the day together. We were back to us again and I couldn't be happier. But sadly we did have to face reality and decide what to do about our living situation. Because remember, Chase and Thomas still hate me.

We found out Tony and Addison are pretty serious about wanting to move out too. So we all got together in Ondre's room with our laptops late that night and started looking for places to live.

"Ou what about this place?" I said showing them a link to a 2 bedroom apartment. They all gave me a weird look though. "What?"

"Maddy that's tiny" Addison said laughing. "Look we were thinking something more like this" she showed me a site that had a massive house on it. Okay it wasn't massive but like a whole house? Just for us? It had a pool and a hot tub and a big patio and it had 4 bedrooms. It was really nice though not gonna lie.

"Wow" I managed to say.

"I'll message the landlord and try to get a tour" Tony said.

We ended up messaging a bunch of landlords and by the end of the night we had 3 tours set up for tomorrow. It was gonna be hard to keep it quiet, but we knew we couldn't tell anyone until we for sure had a place to go, or we could risk making Thomas mad and him kicking us out. We got tired and Tony and Addison left, leaving just Ondre and I. I climbed into bed with him and laid my head on his chest. It felt so nice to be back in my happy place.

-Ondre's P.O.V-

I was woken up early that morning by Maddy getting up pretty abruptly. I was still waking up I had no idea what was going on, I just saw her get up and run out the door. I got up to see if she was okay and she had herself locked in the bathroom. I yelled through the door

"Maddy you okay?"