45

-Noah's P.O.V-

I can't sleep.

The house is vibrating with the bass of the music playing downstairs. Everyone's drinking tonight but they do that every night. I can't keep up. With the drinking or the drama. I guess Addison and Bryce are together now?? I don't know she's here tonight but I don't even try to know what's going on anymore.

Suddenly my room was lit up with blue light flashing through my window. The sound of sirens was overpowering the music playing. And then the music stopped. I got up and walked to my window, I opened it and stuck my head out to see what was going on. It was cold. I reached over to get a sweater and my door flew open. It was Blake.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"There was an accident" he said. "Down the street at the intersection a guy ran a red light and T boned somebody. Pretty brutal wreck from what I can see from here."

"Damn I hope they're okay, was the guy drunk?" I asked.

"Donno, probably" he said looking out my window. "Can't really see anything from up here."

We went downstairs where everyone was gathered on the porch. Addison was on the phone pacing back and forth.

"Who's she calling?" I asked.

"Maddy I guess she's coming to pick her up" he said.

"Yeah and I'm trying to tell her she's gonna have to take a detour to get around this accident but she's not picking up" she said frustrated.

"She won't stay, she doesn't trust herself around me" Bryce said winking at us.

An ambulance flew down our street to the accident.

"I'm calling Ondre I'm over this she's not picking up" Addison said dialling his number.

I went back inside and sat in the couch, started scrolling through tiktok. One of Ondre's dancing videos came up, I'm kinda jealous of him really, I used to have a major crush on Maddy when she first joined tiktok. Used to. I think. I met her for the first time at her gender reveal party. We bumped into each other in the hall. Whatever I need to stop doing that, I tell myself not to think of her that way cause like, she's having Ondre's child and they're like in love or whatever. I kinda get excited when Addison's around cause it adds potential for Maddy to come by.

I know it's wrong.

But a guy can dream right?

"What the hell Ondre said she left like an hour ago" Addison said storming in. She's pretty drunk so she's kinda slurring her words.

"Maybe she got stuck in traffic cause of the detour" I said trying to calm her down. But not really trying that hard. I kept scrolling as she sat in the chair next to me.

"Oooorrrrr she could be laying in the back of that ambulance" she said.

"She's not though, don't think like that" I said trying to calm her down.

"Yo people are just walking down to the accident" Bryce said coming inside. I looked out the door to see people piling into the streets to go see what happened. "We're gonna go check it out if you wanna come"

Addison was already up and headed for the door so I followed. The cold air hit me like a brick wall. It's late in the year so it gets pretty chilly at night, and I was still only wearing shorts and my sweater. We walked in a group down to the corner. Officers were blocking off the streets and people were crowded trying to get a look. Addison shoved her way up to the front and Bryce followed right behind her while I stayed back. I was tall enough that I could see over most peoples heads. From what I could see there was a blue truck with its front end crushed in, and a black jeep just totalled and on its side a few yards ahead of it. I couldn't see anybody though. I lost track of everyone so I started to head back, when I heard this blood curdling scream. I turned quickly to see what was going on.

Bryce pushed his way out of the crowd, pulling Addison out behind him. I didn't see her face because Bryce turned to his back to me to face her.

I jogged over to them to find out what just happened.

"What was that?" I asked. Addison looked up at me, she looked like she'd just seen a ghost.

"It was Maddy. She saw her, she was on a stretcher they're taking her to the hospital" Bryce said holding her.

My heart sank.

-Ondre's P.O.V-

My foot pressed harder into the gas pedal as I sped to the hospital. My vision was blurred with tears as my heart was pounding. I can't picture my life without her. I keep thinking of the last time I saw her, our baby was happily moving around in her belly. We were so happy.

I walked in the doors, the white hospital lights were blinding. I headed straight for reception and asked where I could find my girlfriend. She told me she's being taken care of. A doctor will find me. I'll know more soon.

I sat in the waiting area.

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I was snapped back by a man in a blue gown asking me if I was here for Madeline.

I forgot her name was Madeline.

"Yes. Sorry. Is she okay?" I asked.

"Fortunately yes she will recover. But, Ondreaz, is it?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm so sorry, I'm afraid we weren't able to save the baby"

His mouth kept moving.

But I heard nothing after that.

The world around me turned into an echo of white noise. I felt myself moving but it was as if the room was spinning around me. I took a step forwards and then everything went black.