40

-Ondre's P.O.V-

It was great to spend some time with my family. We hadn't seen each other since the pandemic started and I really missed them. I think they really liked Maddy too which made me so happy. But it was time to get back to our normal lives now and start packing for our move. The house were moving to isn't that big but it's big for 4 people. It actually has 6 bedrooms and we only really need 2, but I think we're planning on making one a gaming room and one a gym and we'll need a nursery too. We're so excited for this baby.

*Fast forward 3 months*

"Babe can we please stop at In n Out? I'm craving it so bad" Maddy asked me as we drove home from her doctors appointment. She looked at me with puppy dog eyes. Totally irresistible. The baby is looking really healthy, Maddy even has a tiny little baby bump. Not much that you can really tell when she's wearing loose clothing though but we are at 16 weeks now. We got some In n Out and went home. We had fully moved into our new place now and it was beautiful. The house was basically split into 2 sides. Maddy and I took the right side which had 3 bedrooms and then Tony and Addison took the other side. We had a rooftop patio too with a pool and a hot tub and it was set with patio furniture and lights.

The doctor said that by our next visit we should be able to find out the sex of the baby. That's so crazy to me. We've left the nursery white so far and I think we might leave it that way. Maddy's pretty adamant that we use neutral colours rather than blue or pink. And I agree.

-Maddy's P.O.V-

I've found a new love for swimming since being pregnant. I am getting heavier and it does weigh me down a little so being in the water and feeling weightless is so nice. I put my bathing suit on and got ready to head up to the pool, as I passed by my mirror I stopped and looked a little longer than usual. I looked bigger but not like I was pregnant. Like I'd just put on a few pounds. Honestly I wasn't loving how I looked right now. And I know it's a baby and everyone else knows it's a baby but just something about it made me insecure. I threw a big t-shirt on over top and went up to meet Ondre who was already out cleaning the pool. He smiled at me as we made eye contact.

"What are you smilin for over there" I asked smiling back.

"Cause you're cute" he said putting away the skimmer and walking over to me. He grabbed my hands and pulled them up to his shoulders and wrapped his hands around my waist.

I leaned in close and kissed him before heading to the pool. He followed me in. I took a deep breath and let myself sink down under water. I don't feel like myself. I started to let my air out and sink down further. I was sitting on the bottom now with my legs crossed. I looked up to the surface, the moon was so bright, and it was so quiet down here. I looked back down and saw Ondre walking towards me. Then I felt his hands grab me from under my arms and pull my up to the surface.

"I turn around for one minute Maddy jeez what are you doing?" He asked concerned.

"Just hangin out" I said with a blank expression.

"You know you are growing a tiny human right? You have to think about what you're doing, what if I didn't pull you up?" he asked. I was annoyed. I just turned and leaned on the edge of the pool with my chin resting on my arms. "Are you okay? You seem a little off lately"

"I'm okay" I said. But I'm not. I wasn't prepared for this kind of responsibility. I have to watch what I eat I have to take all these vitamins. I can't drink coffee I can't drink alcohol I can't even take Advil and my body fucking hurts. I can't have fun. None of my clothes fit anymore. I'm 22 what was I thinking I can't raise a kid. This honestly didn't seem real until my body started changing and now it's like I have this whole new life ahead of me and it's not something I planned for. I've been really in my head lately about this huge change in my life and I don't want to freak him out and make him think I've changed my mind. Because I haven't I'm just struggling to accept the decisions I've made and I know once I actually have this baby I'll feel totally different but for now it's a battle. And that's okay.

"Talk to me" Ondre said over my shoulder. He pressed his body against mine from behind me and leaned his head on my shoulder, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"It's okay really. I'm just in my head about my clothes not fitting right anymore" I told him. That's all he really needs to know.

"Well I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And carrying our baby just makes you even more beautiful" he said kissing my neck. I smiled and turned to hug him.

"I love you" I said into his chest.

"I love you more" he said.

"Hey" I said poking him "don't start with me on that you know I'll win"

"Uh yeah okay whatever" he said poking me back harder pushing me a little. I splashed him and he looked at me with his jaw dropped. "Oh so that's how it's gonna be?" He said lunging at me. We splashed each other for a minute, then he pulled me in for another kiss. This time I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him tightly, and I felt him smile against my lips.