31

-Tony's P.O.V-

I had gone down to Maddy's car to start bringing stuff back in. She said she's staying and I'm making sure that happens. Honestly fuck Thomas and Chase. I know Alex kinda gets roped into their group but he's nothing like them. Anyways I was bringing her stuff in the door when I heard a door slam. I brought everything upstairs and I saw Maddy sitting on the floor leaning against her bed with her face in her hands. I walked in, dropped everything and sat next to her.

"He found out?" I asked. She nodded and cried. "Don't worry I know my brother, he won't stay mad for long."

"He told me I should leave Tony." She cried. Damn.

"Maddy I can guarantee you that he didn't mean that. And that if you actually did leave he'd be so upset. He's just putting up a front right now" I said. "You have to stay alright let me talk to him."

She nodded and I went to Dre's room. I knocked and he didn't answer. I knocked again.

"Yo Dre I'm comin in" I yelled. He didn't say anything so I opened the door. He was sitting on his bed with his hands in his hair. "Bro what is goin on here. You really want her to leave?" I asked.

"Man I can't do this right now. I really just wanna be alone" he said.

"Alright well I'm your brother and I know you don't really mean that. Just tell me what's goin on what's in your mind" I asked.

"I'm just shocked man. Like how could she just leave? Like so suddenly and without sayin anything" he said.

"My guess is she didn't tell you about Chase" I said.

"What about him?" He asked

"Well I was downstairs last night, I fell asleep on the couch, and when Maddy got up in the middle of the night, Chase came down too and he basically told her about when your nudes leaked and then was taunting her telling her how many girls you used to talk to. And that they only let her live here cause they thought she would be good for you and bring you back out to hang and post more, but then they realized she wasn't helping at all and that they can't kick her out but they want her to know she's not wanted here anymore. So she panicked and packed her car to leave today and then well you came down and you know the rest." I explained. He was quiet for a while. He stared off as he processed the information.

"He really said all that?" He asked.

"Yeah bro I heard it all" I assured him.

"Fuck" he said letting out his breath.

"Yeah so I ended up talking to her and basically said don't leave we can figure this out. She was super heartbroken man she did not want to leave you but she felt it was her only option. She thinks they hate her man I'd wanna leave too if I were her." I added.

"Like I'm still mad that she didn't come talk to me first though" he said.

"I get that man she definitely went about it the wrong way but think about it, the only tie she really has to this place is you, and you just told her to leave. Don't you remember her first day here? How much convincing it took for you to get her to stay? And just look at how she ended her last relationship. She left when she found out he cheated. She didn't say anything. It's so obvious that her instinct to bad situations is to just leave." I said.

"Why the fuck are you so smart like where did this come from." He asked. I laughed.

"Man you need to hold her down. Cause the minute she feels insecure she's gone." I said.

"I just wanna know where that came from like why does she do this." He asked.

"I don't know man, maybe you should ask her" I said. "Better make sure she hasn't left yet though"

He got up pretty quick and went down stairs to find Maddy dragging everything I'd brought in back to the door.

-Maddy's P.O.V-

I sat in silence as Tony and Ondre were talking. I could hear muffled voices and it was driving me crazy not knowing what they were saying. So much so that I started to panic. What if he stays mad at me. And we never get through this. Then I'm just a girl living with her ex and that's just sad. I figure it's probably best if I just save ourselves the awkwardness and go. I started taking my things back to my car, I got to the front door and my eyes were tearing again. My heart hurt getting this close and knowing I couldn't go back. Then I heard a door open and I turned around to see Ondre coming down the stairs.

"You're not leaving" he said. Wow that was a little déjà vu. "I know you're panicking and overthinking again. Just stay please"

I was so overwhelmed with emotion. I looked into his eyes and was reminded of every reason to stay. I walked to him and let my head fall into his chest, he wrapped his arms around me and I let my last few tears fall.

"I'm still really mad at you Maddy. But I'm willing to work through this if you are" he said pulling us apart.

"I understand. And I'll do anything to get back to us"