36

-Ondre's P.O.V-

Maddy asked to talk to me upstairs, I could sense something was wrong.

"Hey guys lets celebrate, drinks later!" Tony said as we started walking upstairs.

"Tony" Addison said grabbing his arm. I looked back and she had a pretty serious look on her face. I'm a little worried now.

We got up to her room and we sat on the bed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I wasn't really at coffee with Addison." She said. "I was actually at a doctors appointment"

I was so confused. She stood up and went to her closet to grab something. She hid whatever it was behind her back.

"And I'm really sorry I didn't tell you before but I wanted to be sure" she said holding out her hands. My heartbeat got faster as I realized what it was. I took the pregnancy test from her hands and read the positive symbol. I stared at it for a minute. I knew she was talking but I couldn't hear her. I totally spaced out to the sound of her voice muffled in my ear.

"Ondre?" She said and I snapped out of it.

"I don't understand. How did this happen?" I said looking up at her, blinking my eyes to regain focus.

"Um well when you have sex—" she started. But I knew where that was going.

"No I mean I thought you were on the pill" I interrupted.

"I am. But the pill is only like 99% effective if you use it perfectly. But yknow sometimes you miss a pill and sometimes you don't take it at the right time and then it's only 90% effective" she said.

"Why wouldn't you be more careful then? If you knew we were having unprotected sex then how could you be so careless?" I said. She looked at me with this terrified look and her eyes started to fill with tears. Then I realized what I'd said. "Maddy I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that" I reached for her hand. But she pulled away.

"How did you mean it then? As if it's my responsibility to make sure I don't get pregnant? Sex involves more than just me. How would you like it if I turned this around on you? If I blamed you for making me have to go through this? But I'd never do that Ondre" she said with tears streaming down her cheeks. I couldn't see her like this anymore it was killing me.

"I'm sorry you're right. I'm just panicking this is a lot to process. I didn't mean it." I said.

"I have my opinions and I've basically made a decision on what to do about this but before I say, I want to know how you want to move forward." She said.

She seemed so emotionless. It was so hard to read her. Her voice was monotone and she looked down when she spoke. I didn't know what to make of it. Does she want to keep this baby? Is she looking to me for approval? I'm 23. I'm not ready for a kid. But my older brother had a kid at 18. I definitely could do it if he did. But I don't have to. I realized it had been a minute since I'd said anything. This was a lot to process.

"I want what you want Maddy. It's your body. If you want to have this baby and raise it I'll be the best father. But if you want this to end here I'll hold your hand the whole way I won't leave your side." I said. I watched a tear fall down her cheek.

"I love you, Ondre. And someday I'd love to have a family with you." She said. "But not right now, I'm just not ready to be a mom yet"

I pulled her in and hugged her tightly. This was going to be really hard on her. Getting an abortion isn't a gentle procedure.

"I love you too Maddy. And I'll be here for every step of the way. You will not be alone in this." I said.

She pulled away and wiped her tears.

"I guess I should call my doctor back and let them know my decision" she said pulling out her phone.

"I mean I know this is a lot to process, but for the time being, Maddy our baby is in there" I said poking her tummy. She smiled a little.

"I know" she said looking down. "But I cant get attached, it'll make everything after so much harder.."

"I'll try my best to make it as easy on you as possible." I said.

We had the appointment made for tomorrow, they wanted to get her in as soon as possible since she's technically been pregnant for about 3 weeks now.

Maddy wanted to shower so I went down to make her some Mac n cheese for dinner. I bumped into Tony and Addison filming a TikTok in the living room.

"Hey man what's going on. Addison won't tell me but like I wanna celebrate and have drinks tonight since we just got the house" Tony said following me to the kitchen.

I decided since he is my brother and I know I can trust him not to say anything that I'd let him know what's going on. So I explained everything to he and Addison about our decision.

He didn't say much he just hugged me. He knew this would be a tough thing for us.

"Whatever you guys need man I got you. It sucks that this happened but I know you guys are strong enough to get through it." He said.

"Yeah and if Maddy needs anything you can't do please don't hesitate to let me know." Addison said.

"Thanks Addison but what won't I be able to do that you can?" I asked.

"Well there's a good chance she's gonna need pads Ondre would you like to go pick them out?" She laughed.

"Okay you right you right" I laughed.

I finished cooking and brought our food up to Maddy. She was sitting in her bed putting Netflix on my laptop. When I walked in she popped her head up and smiled, and my heart melted. I'm so lucky she's mine.