Once in a blue moon

Before they know it, it's May already. The day Sujin would leave South Korea for her boarding school in Seattle. Mina would deliver her daughter all by herself while also visiting her parents. Bang Chan can't send her off to the states due to his work here.

He drove her daughter to the airport.

They take the meal outside the departure area before the boarding time. It's going to be an 11 hours non-stop flight, and it's going to be hella tiring for both of them. Sujin spent her last day in Korea eating Lotteria at the airport, she would miss the flavor she said.

Though Chan never really shows it, he cares about her daughter a lot. But he can't express the feeling too well.

"Okay, Sujin-ah, take care. If there's any trouble you could call me. If you already decided which instrument you want to pursue, please call me as well"

Sujin hugs her father.

"I will dad, you take care. I love you Dad"

Sujin tightens the hugs. Bang Chan awkwardly coughs and says I love you back to her daughter.

Chan then looked at Sujin, who presumably was still angry at him for giving an idea to her daughter about boarding school abroad.

"You take care as well, call me as soon you arrive there"

Sujin only nods.

They go to the gate, Sujin keeps waving goodbye to her dad. Bang Chan also looked at her daughter once again. Mina walked still, unable to see his face.

By 4.40 pm, they fly to Seattle.

Hello Seattle. Well, it's been countless times Mina been here. Her parents live here. Mina was born in the states, but her family soon moved to Japan, back to their hometown. Around grade 5, Mina and her family moved to Seoul. Mina finished her elementary and middle school in Seoul. But then her dad had to move again, this time back to the U.S, Mina wanted to pursue her dream to be an opera singer in South Korea, so she stayed in Seoul with her brother who that time was a senior at a Korean high school. Mina then took a university exam in Seoul as well and got herself enrolled at the most prestigious, Seoul National University. Well, studying isn't a hard thing to do for Mina.

Mina knows her way around in Seattle. She doesn't need her parents to pick her up anymore. From SEA-TAC she immediately takes her rented car to the Capitol Hill area, to her parents. Mina already delivered Sujin's things to her parents' place. Sujin would enter her dormitory on Sunday morning, so she got 2 days left to spend with her daughter.

On Friday, Mina and Sujin visited Target to buy essential things. She's an Asian parent who always prepared everything in advance. Not only that, but Mina also cooked her daughter so many side dishes to be stored. Well, every parent knows, it isn't easy to be parted from your child like that. Mina knows that Sujin would be okay, Sujin is about to enter the best school in the U.S, Mina shouldn't be worried. And, her parents also live in the same city, they could check on her granddaughter once a while.

A day went too long, all they do is just shopping for the day, bringing so many things. Mina and Sujin went to the school, just to see it closer from the outside. Mina feels reassured knowing that the school is so good, and they teach their students well.

It's been a long time since Mina visited Seattle. 3 years to be exact. Mina didn't have a hometown anymore. Guess Seattle became her hometown now since her parents live here. She used to go to the states every Christmas, but she didn't do that anymore since she got married. She became busy with her work and her classes.

On Saturday night, a day before entering the dorm, her parents wanted to take Sujin to see her relatives. Mina didn't like meeting them. Ever since she was a kid, Mina always dodged her big family. She's too lazy to meet them. Instead, Mina went exploring Seattle all by herself like she used to. Mina went to the market, the big market. She loves the vibe there. She remembered that Chan and her always spend both of their time there when they're visiting Seattle.