Through thick and thin

*Still flashback to those good memories*

The musical performance officially kicked off after the first reading. They had a first reading and were quietly satisfying. Dean Jun even made a little comment as he's and the other F4 feels positive towards the reading. They have a packed schedule now, all cast and crew are doing their best for this upcoming performance. They have to check the music, the acting, the blocking, the choreography, they have a tight exercise schedule. Not to mention that they still have classes as well and the exams. This is why Dean Jun only picked bright and talented students to join the play because they have to have good time management as well. They only got 2 months of preparation and soon started to launch the play at the university before bringing the play on tour.

Though Mina and Chaeyoung confessed to each other about their feelings, they didn't let the thoughts consume them as they are trying to be professional. As a composer and the pianist of the play, Chaeyoung didn't hesitate to correct the mistakes if the cast makes any. She's a perfectionist, same as Mina. She tried to lead the music well. That's something Mina admires about her. Though she's a freshman, Mina could see that Chaeyoung could have a bright career in music composing. She's gifted. Chaeyoung also guided each of the main cast through her music individually. Dean Jun trusted her to keep everything in check.

After a month of individual training with each section, finally, they need to put everything together on set. The first time, they will run through the whole play from A to Z. The story is beautifully written by Dean Jun. Mina is not only good and talented at opera but she's a great actress as well. She could portray the sorrow inside the script. The story that Dean Jun built is very sad. It's about a girl who experienced hardship in her life since her childhood and she ended up becoming a mistress, the main character is finding her true love towards this journey and hoping to find one. There's this scene in the play where Mina is longing for her mother's presence as things a little bit tough for her. It's a prayer scene where Sook, the character that Mina portrays, has to go to her mom's burial place and ask for help. Sook resented her mom for leaving her childhood days but then she found out that her mom did that because she was terminally ill. It was all too late that she died already. It's a very heartbroken scene for everyone. Mina sings it beautifully with her voice. Chaeyoung finds it hard to compose this particular song. It took awhile for her to make music for this scene. Mina delivered the emotions adequately.

Chaeyoung accompanies her with the music while seeing the scene, she couldn't help but shed tears seeing the dialogue and the situation. Mina's libretto performance for this scene is touching and sad. Chaeyoung's piano play becomes emotional and Dean Jun sees it from the director's seat. Chaeyoung has shed tears upon the song even though Mina did it beautifully. Everyone's in the back clap for her.

Dean Jun knows that Chaeyoung had a hard time composing this song, he and Chaeyoung back and forth re-composing this one particular song as Dean Jun felt that she couldn't give the emotion to this song. But at one final moment, Dean Jun has finally approved the composing song.

"Well done. Alright, kids take five before we move to the next scene" Dean Jun giving them a break. Knowing that his composer needs a break.

Chaeyoung excuses herself and walks toward the stage hiding her tears.

Mina could see it and worry inside. She never sees Chaeyoung in her state like that. Chaeyoung always refused if Mina wanted her to accompany her for this song, she always assigned another pianist for Mina.

Chaeyoung runs to the rooftop, she feels somehow suffocated. She opens the door despite this cold weather. She needs to breathe, she needs to catch the air.

She's tired of running and she's just standing there, drowning herself crying badly with hands covering her face.

Mina found her at the rooftop, she could see how Chaeyoung covered her face with her hands and just cried her eyes out.