On thin ice

Chan knows that he pushed his family a little too harsh sometimes, Chan realized that he always puts everything off his shoulder. He's a perfectionist and he's now the one who runs the agency. With Chan's touch, JYPE became the number one entertainment agency in South Korea. And now Hollywood labels are approaching him for a collaboration. Chan always tried to prove to Park Jinyoung that he made a good decision in choosing him to run the entertainment. Even Park Jinyoung himself sometimes asked him to unwind, asked him to take his break, and go for vacation because Bang Chan never got the vacation since he was 25 years old. But all Chan knows now is his works. And he relies his life on that.

Jihyo looks at him full of pity again as he's now at the bar, sitting alone with his drink, doing nothing but stare at the blank space. Jihyo takes a deep sigh again, seeing him miserable somehow makes her heart hurt as well. Jihyo promised herself that she would stay away from Bang Chan after Mina finds out, but she seems can't keep her own promise yet. Every time she sees Bang Chan, knowing that Mina is also having an affair behind his back, Jihyo feels nothing but pity on him.

Chan always looks so strong, always looks confident, always tries to make everyone happy, always tries to never fail the people is his work, but the truth is, he's just tired doing all of that. He's exhausted sometimes to keep up with his work.

Jihyo pulls up the barstool while placing an order to the bartender. Her usual cocktail, Margarita.

Chan could only smirk when Jihyo pull the seat beside him, "The last thing I want is your pity, Park Jihyo, I don't need that" I don't want to pity you, it's just such a waste of time"

Jihyo just sits there, and then the bartender gives her the drink.

Chan then got a call and he picked it up.

"Hem?" Chan answered.

"Your mother will be discharged tomorrow, the doctors said there's nothing wrong with the scan. She'll be staying at our house, but she insisted to go back to her house after she finished her meds"

"Okay" Chan then hangs up the phone.

He's back to his dry double scotch.

"You could at least say thank you to your wife, for fuck sake," Jihyo remarked.

Chan gave her another smirk.

"She took care of your sick mother, damn Channie" Jihyo sarcastically said it.

"I don't get it. Chris, seriously! Why are you being so harsh to your family, especially to Mina, she's the mother of your child, she's your wife and you love her!"

Okay, Jihyo is now mad. Chan knows it well when she's mad she'll be using his English name.

"You were head over heels when you dated her, you came out from your darkest slumps thanks to her, you should be more grateful to her, Chris. Seriously, God!"

"When we were dated, everything was...........everything was beautiful indeed," Chan said it while staring straight to the liquor cabinet in front of him.

"She felt like a home to me, someone that I wanted to protect cause she was too fragile" Chan remembering things, "Like me" Chan continued.

"But for us, everything was happening too fast, Jihyo-yah. I didn't know what happened but we didn't really think that much, Mina was pregnant, and I was just 27 years old, at that time. I really really wanted to be irresponsible, but I am not that kind of person. I grew up in a loving home and Mina........... I can't do that to her. I was that close to leaving her actually, but I can't. At that time I wasn't that great anymore but I just started to build my songwriting career after the idol life, and 27 was a very very hard age for me. And, I got to raise a kid"