Come rain or shine

They headed to GWNU in Mina's car. Chaeyoung insisted on driving them, but Mina jokingly said that she won't let her guest lecturer drive. They left for GWNU, it took almost 25 minutes from Chaeyoung's house. They arrived just 15 minutes before the class, Mina took her files from the academic department first, took her absence and they headed towards the art auditorium at the art building. The auditorium isn't that big and can fill up to 200 people approximately. They use the auditorium for certain events, but music department students used it for practice. The art department owns 2 stages, the auditorium, and their open-air theatre just beside the building.

Chaeyoung was shocked that Mina was doing her class in the auditorium, from what she heard from Jihyo back then, Mina was afraid even being in the audience seat, she chose to always stay at the back. But Chaeyoung just follows her plan. The students are already there, sitting at the auditorium seat. Mina and Chaeyoung enter the building, Mina goes straight up to the stage. She asked Chaeyoung to sit behind her students. Mina comes up to the stage and starts greeting her students. Mina is the one who stands up on the big stage but Chaeyoung somehow has more anxiety right now. She's so afraid that Mina would collapse from her fear.

"Alright guys, good afternoon all"

They all greet her back.

It is fascinating looking at Mina on stage, even just to teach not to perform on something.

"So today I am going to grade your performance here on stage. You all are going to be a performer, so I don't want you to sing just in the class, I want you to experience the stage as well, as a freshman you need to know this stage because you guys would perform on this stage the next 4 years"

"Today we have a special guest. You all know Shin Yuna right?"

Her student said, "Of course" to her.

"Okay calm down. No, Shin Yuna isn't here though she was indeed one of my students" Mina said proudly, "But I bring you guys, the producer behind Shin Yuna, on your back, Ms. Ddalgiberry"

They all look at Chaeyoung and give her some applause, Chaeyoung shyly nods and waves at them.

"She will just observe and perhaps makes a comment on your performance, so give your best shots on this, thill will be your mid-test score"

Some of her students looked so nervous. Mina would grade 5 performers for today. They are perhaps even more nervous because Chaeyoung is here as well.

Mina held a simple test as a part of the Vocal and Harmony Subject. They need to sing, they need to sing from the heart. The piano would be their only companion. Mina let her students choose, whether they wanted to perform solo or in a group, that would be fine. Mina collaborates with a junior student from Piano major to help her student. Mina then back at her seat on the frontline, she called out her first student to be on stage.

The first student, a male solo vocalist, chose to sing Being Alive from Stephen Sondheim's Company. The song is so emotional, the song is so hard, more like a libretto type but in this song, you have to deliver the right emotion so that your performance is not easily forgotten. The male student must have his theatre basics before because he delivered the song really well. He channeled the emotion just right. They all clapped after he gave his best performance.

"Wow, nice song choice, Jeongwon! I love that you make it different from the original piece, nicely done" Mina smiles at Jeongwon. Mina didn't plan to give harsh comments to her students, they are all freshmen, and the purpose of this assignment is simply just to put them used to being on stage, just that. Mina is afraid that her student will have stage fright just like her.