Once bitten, twice shy

Chaeyoung arrives in Dahyun's building. After living at the hotel for the past days, she will move to her third floor.

"So, this is our recording studio, all mastering, mixing, composing would happen here" Dahyun gave Chaeyoung a tour to her office floor. Dahyun showed her spacious office as well and bragged to Chaeyoung about it.

"Should we go to your room then?"

"Okay, let's!" Said Chaeyoung.

The fourth floor is so pretty, decorated with a big glass window where you could see the hilly view from the top floor. It's calming, it's perfect for Son Chaeyoung.

"This is so nice, are you sure you would want to move back and kick me out later?"

"Well, I might do that, since it's my favorite spot. LOL, I'm kidding. So, we got no room left for you at the office, so I made your office space here as well. I know you, you wouldn't sleep while doing your music, so it's a good deal when you wrote something in your room and your bed is just across this workspace right?"

"You know me well, Dahyun-ah, it's perfect"

"So, if you want to grab a coffee just go downstairs, Eunwoo would gladly serve it for you. We have an employee discount"

"Ah, by the way, I haven't seen your husband"

"He went to the market, you could see him anytime soon"

"Alright"

"Just go unpack your things and just rest for a while"

"Oh, I can't. We have a meeting at two in JYPE, remember?"

"Ah shit, I forgot. My legal team already gave me the contract. Okay then, let's meet downstairs perhaps at 1? Just chill out a bit"

"Okay"

Dahyun left Chaeyoung in the room. Chaeyoung then opens the big window, she could see the downhill and could see the mountain as well from this view. It was quiet, reserved, and calm for her. Dahyun prepared the room for her. In the middle of the room, Dahyun put a synth and keyboard for her, she got her a computer as well, equipped with speakers and audio mixer and audio-related software Chaeyoung usually used. Dahyun prepared a guitar stand, so Chaeyoung could put her guitar there.

Chaeyoung opens up her luggage, and stores her clothes in the cabinet. She opens her guitar case, she only brought her acoustic guitar to Korea, she put it where Dahyun put the guitar stand. She grabs a photo frame from her luggage, her photo, and Jisung, places it on her desk, just beside her computer. She stored her music sheets to its place as well.

She just sits there, in her chair, she nods to herself, knowing that everything is perfect for her works now. She then turns the chair facing the big window and just staring at them.

Still can't believe that she's finally here again, back in South Korea, doing what she should do in the beginning. It's been a long time since she saw the Namsan Tower, and now she could see it every day from her room. She smiled to herself but then she drowned her face down.

Someone popped out in her mind.

Not popped out.

Maybe she's always been in her mind.

Minari.

Feels like fate is playing their game to both of them. 15 years after she left the country, 15 years without any contact at all, they happened to meet again in Seattle. Out of any places in Seattle, they met at this one particular bar, their favorite bar.

Then a year after that, Chaeyoung didn't have any intention to track her down when she decided to go to Korea, but they met again in the JYPE building. And now they needed to face each other again often. It just didn't make any sense to Chaeyoung, why the universe even let her meet her again after all this time, and the circumstances here are just too fucked up. Chaeyoung can't avoid it, she just needs to face it whatever it is.