Get something off chest

Chaeyoung entered the house without hesitation right now.

Her presumably aunt, Chaeyoung isn't sure who she is, she asked her to just come to the house. Mina let Chaeyoung enter the house by herself. Mina introduced herself to her aunt and waited at the gazebo house outside with her uncle too.

Chaeyoung carefully entered the house, she saw a big living room, and her mother was there with her wheelchair facing the garden. Sensing that Chaeyoung's here. Her mother turns her chair around and smiles at her.

By that, Chaeyoung could only shed tears, no words came out from her mouth. She thought that she would be yelling at her mom, being mad, and made a dramatic scene, but Chaeyoung was just there crying. Crying so badly, all the hate inside her head just vanished. Her weak heart makes her now kneeling and just crying.

Her mom moves her electric chair to her side, she puts off her oxygen line from her nose and kneels in front of Chaeyoung as well.

"My daughter.........." Her mother whispered while cupping her hand to Chaeyoung's cheek and she hugs Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung cries in her arms. Chaeyoung can't stop her tears. All her thoughts on being harsh to her mother were gone.

Mina, who asked permission to use the restroom, accidentally witnessed that moment. Mina hides behind the wall, she cries watching Chaeyoung and her mother finally hug each other.

It was a beautiful moment to watch. Mina still remembers years ago while they had to rehearse a mother-daughter scene and Chaeyoung just snapped and left the theatre to cry. It was the first time she saw her crying.

Mina leaves the daughter and the mother alone to have their moment again.

Her mother then caressed her daughter's face, she studied her look, with her wrinkle and small hands, she looked carefully at her daughter.

Chaeyoung then catches her mother's hand in her hand and holds it. Her mother left her at 7 years old, so it's been almost 30 years since she held that hand.

"I am so sorry, my daughter. I am sorry that I left you and your brother"

Chaeyoung then wipes her tears and wipes her runny nose.

"Why mother, why have you left us?"

"I wish that I could tell you why? But honestly, I don't have a good reason. I was stupid, got married too young to a chaebol who did nothing but to caged me inside while I had a shot to be on a world tour. To be a star. I do regret every day Chaeyoung-ah. Not a single day in 30 years that I don't think about you and Jisung. I live with guilt every day, it kills me. And I didn't have the guts to meet you after what I did. I did wrong, I did so wrong"

Piece of memories come to Chaeyoung like a wind. After her mother left her, she seems to forget about her. The doctor once said that she was traumatized to ever witness that her mother was gone so she could only remember that, she never remembered other things other than her mother leaving her.

But now she remembers that her mother used to take her to sit beside her while she was playing the piano, sometimes she was singing a song to Chaeyoung as well. Chaeyoung now remembers that her mother was always behind the piano, even when she's mad. Now Chaeyoung knows where her talent comes from. Chaeyoung finally could replay the happy scenes in her memories, her mother played a lot with her in her house. Chaeyoung remembers that her mother taught her to identify notes using glockenspiel and Chaeyoung used to touch the piano and her mother let her while laughing at her.

Hearing her mother left her for music, it's actually hurt her. It hurts her knowing that Chaeyoung couldn't do that. Instead, she's forced to live under her father's arms for years. But Chaeyoung understands it at heart, if she could turn back the time, Chaeyoung would choose her life differently.