Make hay while the sun shines

Chaeyoung doesn't feel good to be in the same company as Mina. She felt that she doesn't deserve to see Mina every day after everything. Chaeyoung never intended to settle down in JYPE anyway, she's only here because Yuna told her to accompany her. Chaeyoung discovered Yuna 2 years ago, she was an underground singer who sings regularly at the bar near her school. She's born and raised in Seattle, and her parents are both Korean immigrants. Yuna is a very diligent engineering student at the University of Washington. But deep down inside, she wanted to be a singer.

Chaeyoung introduced herself to her and took her to Barsuk. She's so talented, not to mention she's also pretty, she has this eccentric vibe and unique voice. Chaeyoung immediately wrote a song for her and continued working with her. It didn't take long, a year later to be exact, her performance in the downtown club at Seattle broke the internet. She was invited by so many local news after, got so many local gigs as well, even Hollywood showed some interest in her performance, records are dying to get a contract with her. Since she has a Korean descent, she got famous in the country as well.

One day Yuna told Chaeyoung that she wanted to expand her career back to her home country. People are dying to see Yuna perform in South Korea. Yuna asked Chaeyoung to accompany her because Yuna said that she won't do this without her. Chaeyoung then contacted her friend, Dahyun who is the owner of an underground indie label. Dahyun said she couldn't afford to manage other artists at that time but instead, she introduced Chaeyoung to and Yuna to one of her friends in JYPE. Chaeyoung knew that it was impossible to get in touch with the big label, but then Bang Chan himself, the second in command within the entertainment, called them and talked to them about possibilities and options. Yuna then discussed it with Chaeyoung, Yuna wanted to go to JYPE under one condition, that Chaeyoung should be the one taking care of her music. Bang Chan didn't have problems with that since she discovered that Chaeyoung is the reliable producer under the name ddalgiberry, and Chan knows how good she is. Chaeyoung's works for the past 6 years shows that.

After her shock encounter with Mina in the building, Chaeyoung doesn't feel good to be always in the same area as her, it will make Mina uncomfortable. So, she told Bang Chan that she's there to support Yuna's music, but she will work under Dahyun's label.

Dahyun and Chaeyoung are high school friends. Dahyun was one of her few friends that recognized her talent in music. Dahyun and Chaeyoung wrote music together in high school. Following high school Dahyun was an underground rapper, she was that good. She's even participated in a rap variety show and she won that competition. Until years later, she chose to manage indie and underground artists. It's a small company but she manages good and talented underdog artists, as well as talented music producers. Dahyun asked Chaeyoung too many times to help her down after she learned that Chaeyoung is back in the music industry. And finally, it's a perfect time.

After 15 years of living in the U.S finally, Chaeyoung came home, Chaeyoung contacted Dahyun and Dahyun was more than welcome. Chaeyoung decided to help her out. Dahyun owned a four-story building. The first floor is her coffee shop, it's where indie musicians got together and sometimes they hold a special performance there. The second and third floor is the office, equipped with a recording and mastering studio as well. Dahyun offered Chaeyoung to live on the fourth floor, it was Dahyun's condo for a while but she moved out months ago. Since it's vacant, Chaeyoung would be living there. The building has a decent distance from the JYPE building in Gangnam, so it's perfect for Chaeyoung since Yuna would go to the dorm in the Gangnam area as well.

After all these years, Chaeyoung can't still believe that finally, she's back in the country again. Not as an heir of Son and Son Group, not as her father's daughter, not as someone she didn't want to be. But as a 'producer' Son Chaeyoung.