A blessing in disguise

All this time she finds an answer to why Chaeyoung left her hanging and dry years ago, all this time she created these scenarios in her mind, lots of it. Mina reviewed all her behaviors, actions, and attitudes that can cause Chaeyoung to leave her. Because Mina would never understand why Chaeyoung left her. The day before Chaeyoung disappeared, Mina just met Chaeyoung and went on a date with her. Hell even before that, they spent time together in Sokcho together for months, Mina was so confused, Mina kept remembering if she ever did something that might cause Chaeyoung to bail and out of their relationship.

Mina looked for every answer, she went everywhere looking for Chaeyoung. But Mina realized that Chaeyoung didn't really have friends, Chaeyoung never spoke about her family as well to Mina. That time, she didn't think to go to Dean Jun to look for an answer because a part of her blaming herself and also blaming Chaeyoung for leaving her. Mina spent her days crying and crying over the matters. Until a month later she finally realized that Chaeyoung was never going back.

But never for once, Mina assumes and thinks of this possibility. That Chaeyoung got threatened by his own father, that her father used her, Dean Jun, and her own brother's life to do everything he wanted. Chaeyoung carried the weight all alone to save someone's life. Especially the ones she treasured the most. Her brother, that she would do everything for him. Mina, the one that she really really loved that time, and Dean Jun the one who discovered her talent.

So, turns out as it was hard for Mina to live without her, it was for Chaeyoung as well. It was harder on her. Mina remembered Chaeyoung's story that she needed to be married to another heir to save her father's business. Chaeyoung was living through hell her whole life.

Upon hearing that harsh truth from Dean Jun, Mina went to Music Factory and did her vocal classes. Again, she needs to work on a time like this, only work could save her. She can't be alone at a time like that, she waits in her office and then she picks up Sujin from her lesson. Mina then went home with Sujin. But the night killed her. She can't stop thinking about what Chaeyoung did years ago. Chaeyoung sacrificed her future actually to protect people in her life, but because Mina didn't know any of that, Mina instead used that excuse to harm herself. She did unimaginable things, things that she regretted up until now. Feels like all the things Chaeyoung did for her just fell through because she also fails her career.

Mina doesn't really know what to blame now after she now knows the reason, she can only cry. All this time she spent her time hating Chaeyoung, if only she knew the reason Mina would do her life differently. Mina tried to put her position on Chaeyoung's shoes as well. If Mina were Chaeyoung, maybe Mina would do the same. If someone threatened her using her family, Mina would leave everything for her family. All this time, Chaeyoung has the right to hate Mina as well because she sacrificed everything she loved for her, but Chaeyoung never mentioned it to Mina. Chaeyoung didn't even want to open that matter to Mina. Now she understands Chaeyoung still wanted to protect her, because when Mina knew about this, Mina would feel guilty towards her, just like she is right now. And for them, it was like a never-ending cycle. Guilt feelings toward each other.

The point is, they both have been through very hard times in their life, both hurt at the same time. This is a turning point for Mina, all the hate she felt towards Chaeyoung is suddenly gone. More like Mina thought a lot about what Chaeyoung did for her and used that spirit to rise again. They both sacrificed their youth and now it's time to live to the fullest. It's never too late.

A new semester coming in, Mina took one class at Gangneung-Wonju National University for the upcoming semester. Mina didn't plan to, but one professor bailed a month before the class started and her friend in that university begged her to take over the class. Mina then adjusted her schedule and took the job for her friend's sake. Mina has been busy the past month, but she squeezed her schedule for it.