It ain't over till the fat lady sings

It's 11 pm already.

Chaeyoung said goodbye to her band, praising the good stage. They took a ride home. Chaeyoung will drop Mina off at the hotel.

"I am so proud of you, Chaeng. You've come this far, finally"

"Nah, still a long way to go, Mina. I am just starting my career. And I just love helping those bands, they were all so good. Thank God that my label loves to do local scouting. But yes, I have a big dream, finally, I could have it again, repaying the years I wasted in the past"

"But I don't regret my past tho. I learn a lot about business as well, so it's a win-win for me" Chaeyoung continued.

"I hope you could make it big in this industry, Chaeng. Really"

"Thanks, Mina"

They arrived at the hotel. Chaeyoung even drops her off to the lobby, she said something 'being impolite' if she drops Mina off the car just like that.

"Thank you Chaeyoung. Thanks for showing me Seattle, from Seattle native's point of view"

"You do know that it makes me sound cocky and arrogant, right?"

"Yeah and I love to tease you"

Chaeyoung is sullen.

"Okay, okay I am officially sorry Miss American Girl for saying things like that"

She made a bow.

"Hahahaha, I am joking" They laugh.

"So, I guess this is goodbye?" Mina asks.

"Good luck on your journey ahead, Minari. I hope you lead a happy life. You deserve that"

"You too, Chaeng. I hope I could see your name on the Grammy, someday"

"OWWWWW that's impossible. That will never happen" Chaeyoung being down to earth once again.

They then awkwardly ended the conversation with a friendly hug.

"Goodbye, Minari"

"Goodbye Chaeng"

"Go, I will see you taking the elevator" Chaeyoung said it. 

They waved goodbye as they parted. Mina turns around and somehow she feels a big lump in her heart. She feels like she doesn't want to end the night. Feels like she isn't ready to say goodbye, yet.

Again, she wanted to avoid her badly, she can't allow things to happen again, she needs to wake herself up, this isn't right. This was not supposed to happen, Mina can't deal with her emotion after, she knows this.

But.

She let this happened.

She can't deal with the future right now, sure she will always worry about that. But what matters is the present.

Right now, at the very moment.

Mina finally feels the happiness, and she's content now after the storms on the past months.

She turns herself again and sees Chaeyoung still looking at her. Mina stops and Chaeyoung goes in her direction.

"What's the matter?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Do you happen to crave ramyeon? You know, Shin, Neoguri, Nongshim?"

"Oh, you can't imagine how I miss that" Chaeyoung laughed.

"I have some leftovers, all kinds of it from my daughter's pack food. Do you......do you want some?"

Mina carefully invited her to a ramyeon. Mina seems reluctant, she's afraid of rejection.