Sail close to the wind

This is the daily life of Myoi Mina, she would wake up at 6.00, prepare a simple breakfast for Sujin, Sujin isn't a picky eater, mostly she started the day with milk and cereal or egg and a toast. She doesn't like a hearty meal, eating big early in the morning makes her sleepy. Same as Mina. Mina also can't eat a big breakfast. At 6.30 Mina will wake her daughter up and Sujin will go straight to the bathroom and start to dress for school. After she ate breakfast, at 7.15 Mina will drive to the school. It took almost 20 minutes to ride from Nohyeon-dong to Seodaemun-gu. At approximately 7.40 Sujin will arrive at school and then Mina would drive back home, doing her dishes and watering the plants then she would get ready for her work. It's either going to Hanyang University or straight to Music Factory. Almost a year ago, Mina and Sujin moved near the Music Factory office. Her office is practically a walking distance, so sometimes she just walks to her office or takes the bike with her.

As the Music Factory grew bigger, Dahyun used her magic tricks to change the upper apartment to become an office space as well. So in that building, the first floor is still Eunwoo's coffee shop, where all the musicians and employees of Music Factory hang out, and now Music Factory uses 3 other floors. They now have better equipment for their recording and mixing studio, 2 dance practice rooms, vocal training booths, one studio band, and better office space for their employees.

Mina will be done with her work mostly at 7 pm, and she will order dinner for herself and Sujin and bring it home. Sujin and Mina would eat dinner while watching tv, spending their time at home. Sometimes Mina helped Sujin do her assignments, especially music subjects. At home, Mina made a music room for Sujin, Mina could see that Sujin was getting serious with her music. To make her practice more, Mina made the room and let Sujin practice herself. Chan's colleagues helped to shape her skill and talent. Both of them will go to sleep often at 10 or 11.

But today is different.

It will be a long day for Mina. She took a day off, after dropping Sujin off at school, she went to the market, picked up some fruits, bought so many things, and lots of ingredients. She went back to her home and started cooking. Mina prepared some foods, cutting fruits, and placing them in a container neatly.

She dressed nicely as well, she picked a black thick turtleneck, and a proper coat and she brought her padding jacket as well. It's already winter, outside is 6 degrees Celsius. She took big bags and dragged the things to the car. She drives alone to Bundang.

She parked the car and opened her trunk, bringing her big bag with her. She climbs the stairs slowly. Regretting her decision to bring all stuff up here, forgetting that she needs to climb those stairs to reach the destination. She takes a deep sigh once she arrives at the destination. She started to clean up the place first, rubbing the snow from the place, last night the snow had fallen. She unpacks things she brings, plating them nicely to the altar, starting from things she cooks, then the cutting fruits, his favorite food jangjorim, and lastly she places a flower bouquet in the middle. Mina stands up and looks at it. She places everything perfectly.

After that, she just looks at the picture that she brought in the middle. It's the picture they took at the theme park, the day Chan died. Can't believe that it's been a year already. Mina then took out soju glasses from her bag, and poured one beside the picture, and she poured another for herself. Mina then sits on the ground, facing the sun, the weather is so nice even though it's cold. Chan's family chose this spot, the one facing the sun.

The first time Mina was here, 2 weeks after Chan died. Because Mina needed to be hospitalized after her spleen ruptured. Compared to that time, Mina was heavily crying to his grave, Mina said sorry too many times to Chan. Mina can't control her emotions. Mina felt guilty about everything, Mina can't even send him off properly, Mina never saw Chan again for the last time. Mina was regretful and cried all day, her family gave some time for her, she spent almost a day at the gravesite.