Breaking the ice

The sun is shining through her face.

It's morning already. Sujin is already up, Mina knows the bed is empty. She walks to the dining room and sees her daughter and her parents are all up, and already.

"Oh there's your Mom, she always wakes up late when she's here" Mina's mom teases her.

"You all are up already. Let me take a shower first"

"Yes, and you need to eat breakfast as well before we go"

"Okay Dad"

Mina takes a quick shower. She already packed her daughter and her things yesterday. Mina will be staying at the hotel after, so she needs to pack her stuff as well.

At 10 pm, Mina helped her dad putting Sujin's things to the car. Then the 4 of them drive to Bellevue. Mina couldn't help but holding her daughter by her arms all the time.

They arrived at the dorm. All of them bring things to the dorm room. Mina meets Sujin's roommate and her parents as well. Sujin's roommate is also an abroad student from Malaysia. As Asian parents, they both look so similar. They brought so many things just like what Mina prepared for her daughter. Even a toilet paper that could last for maybe 2 years. Only Asian parents can relate. Mina and Mina's parents help Sujin tidy up her things. Mina could see Sujin already connected with her roommate, Aishah. It relieves her that Sujin could adapt this fast. Something that runs from her father and Bang clans. Unlike her who has trouble opening up.

Finally, around 1 pm they have done with things. Parents should leave at 1 pm. The kids will start a journey there all by themselves. Mina told Aishah's parents that they live in Seattle as well. They exchange numbers so Mina's parents could also check Aishah for them. Mina also exchanged numbers with them, so they could continue to support each other while their daughters were away.

Finally, it's time to say goodbye. Mina's parents already say goodbye to the grandkid, besides they will see Sujin often from now on.

Mina called Bang Chan to say goodbye to his daughter. Bang Chan is in Japan right now.

Bang Chan coolly said his advice to Sujin. Mina knows that it isn't easy for him to send his daughter away as well, but they need to do it. Chan talked about how Sujin should be a good girl to others and the teachers as well. Chan also told her to practice her piano. Mina shed tears when Bang Chan said that he loves Sujin. They ended the call.

"Sujin-ah" Mina hugs her kid so tight. Mina shed tears when she promised her daughter she won't cry today, but she can't help it.

"Mom, while I am away, please don't fight with Dad, okay? Well, you guys will always fight anyway, just don't do it too often, okay?"

Mina could only nod.

"You promised me you won't shed tears, please?" Sujin asked her Mom.

Mina then wipes away her tears and smiles at her.

"I'll be fine, I'll be good here. Grandpa and grandma are here, you don't have to worry, okay?"

"Sujin-ah, I should be the one who told you that. Don't grow up this fast, my daughter. I love you so much, you know that right?"

"I love you too Mom"

Mina then kisses her daughter in the head.

"I am going to miss you a lot, Sujin-ah. A lot"

"Me too Mom. I'll be home for Christmas"

"Yeah, I'll be waiting patiently"

Mina is wiping her tears again and looks at her daughter once again.