Best thing since sliced bread

*Flashback to those good memories*

Summer | Club Day, Seoul National University

They do everything so that they could attract the freshmen to come to their booth. The cheerleader club can't stop demonstrating their move since the morning. The robotic club let one of their robot prototypes deliver out their club flyers. Dancesport club has been dancing all their genre in front of their booth, Latin music is always heard all day. Even the equestrian club brings their horses to the campus.

It is indeed a very hot day Mina and the whole crew sit behind the counter, selling their Choir Club so that freshmen could join them. Mina isn't even a Choir Club member, she only helped her choir friends who're right now performing on stage. Mina doesn't affiliate herself with those university clubs because she's been busy with her faculty musical performance.

On her right is the JIVE, a jazz music club, and on the left, there's this SOUNDREAM, SNU's famous composer club. You can imagine how intense it is in their section as all the musicians and singers come together in one place, appealing themselves to the freshmen. There's no bad blood tho. Choir clubs always invite both clubs to support their performances. The JIVE will help them with the band if they need one, and the composer club will help them compose the songs mostly for their concert and festivals.

Mina is a busy student, preparing herself to be an opera singer. In SNU, an opera consists of many elements. Solos, ensembles, choirs, and orchestras make up the musical element while backdrops, costumes, props, and makeup encompass the elements of art. The theatrical elements include scripts, actors, and the stage. Organization of the different elements, production needs along with the previously mentioned elements combined constitute, as a whole, a work of art. So, she is taught not to be the only opera singer, but also she should be an artist who can also do acting and singing and dancing at the same time. Mina is an active member of her department's musical production. Being an opera singer has always been her goal.

Ever since middle school, Mina found herself clingy to classical music. Though she's a heavy jazz and blues listener. She relishes classical music. She found her voice in elementary school and started exploring her talent in middle school. Her mom got her into a vocal lesson so she could know the technique.

Before finishing middle school, she begged her parents to let her continue her study in Seoul. She wanted to stay here even though her parents asked her to move with them to Seattle. She could ask for Europe but Mina said she wants to study in Asia first then have her career in Europe. Sending their one and only daughter was indeed hard for Mina's parents, Mina's brother Takeshi also chose to stay here, he was a senior student and wanted to finish his degree here and planned to go to Japan to take his business degree. As a result, Mina's parents had to go to Seattle on their own, sending their precious two, million miles away from Seattle to chase her dream. They permitted Mina in the end. The family is seperated. The parents are in Seattle, Mina is in Seoul while her brother is now a senior at Tohoku University. The smart genes are running in Mina's family.

Mina got into an art school for her high school, making her focus on pursuing music since she was a teenager. She went to the Musical Theatre Department. Mina also enrolled in Sunhwa Arts School, a private co-educational college preparatory arts academy where Sumi Jo, the korean opera soloist who won Grammy Award, spent her teenage days practicing. The school is known for its high academic standards and requires high entrance examination scores and interviews for acceptance.

Mina learned how to act, sing, dance, and be on the stage there. She's always involved as a cast on the theatre performance, either to be the main actress or to be the main singer. Mina is always good at both. But she loves singing more. After starring in so many theatre performances in her school, she got cast by SNU's early admission. Because of her performance (and her brainy head), she got into SNU's College of Music with a scholarship. SNU is always Mina's top choice to continue her study, and the Vocal Music Department was the one she was aiming for. Because there, she won't only do the singing, but the students need to be the whole package. It's always been a dream for Mina to get accepted in their College of Music.