Better late than never

Mina drove again and they entered the Gangneung area at 1 pm. Chaeyoung then set her mother's address to the Maps and Mina followed the instruction. They headed to Jeongdongjin station. Chaeyoung's uncle said that the house will be a kilometer away from the station.

Jeongdongjin station was really beautiful, located just beside the beach. But of course, there's no one near the beach now since it's 7 degrees cold. Mina then drove slowly to an alley. And the GPS made a sign to stop at this one particular home.

It's a big lovely home inside the forest, there is no other house aside from this house.

They stop and park the car just outside the gate.

Chaeyoung then once again took a deep breath again.

"You ready?" Mina asked.

Chaeyoung nods.

They both got off from the car. Chaeyoung takes a peek inside the house while holding the green door. But then the door is open by herself. It's unlocked.

She looks at Mina. Mina gives her nods.

They come inside the house, stand in front of the garden, head towards the door.

"Excuse me?" Some guy then appears from the garden, Chaeyoung and Mina didn't see him.

Chaeyoung looks at the guy.

The big guy then drops his gardening tools and his jaw drops as well.

"Son Chaeyoung!"

Chaeyoung doesn't know him, Chaeyoung doesn't even recognize him. But the guy is now hugging her tightly after throwing off his glove, so tight, Chaeyoung couldn't breathe.

"Oh my goodness, look at you! Son Chaeyoung!" Said the man while holding Chaeyoung's shoulder.

Then a minute after, it does feel like when someone you expected appears in the movie. The world and your surroundings moving so slowly, a woman appears from inside the house, another woman pushing her chair, with an oxygen tube on the back of the wheelchair. The older woman is wearing an oxygen hose and sits by the chair. The woman smiled towards Chaeyoung.

"My baby.............." She said it so softly, almost like a whisper.

It gave Chaeyoung a big big hole inside her heart. The last time she saw her mom was when she was 7 years old. Even though she didn't know anything back then, she remembered vividly how her mother packed her bag and left her. And when the night came, she cried so badly, there was no one comforting her. She was in her room alone. Chaeyoung still remembers that her mother is a damn fine woman, she married a Son heir. Of course, she must be really beautiful. All the images around her head have vanished, instead, she's looking at this woman who can barely breathe or even walk by herself. Her head is covered with a bennie, and she's wearing an oversize coat compared to her thin body.

But it doesn't make her any less guilty in Chaeyoung's eyes.

Seeing her bringing back a lot of memories.

Chaeyoung doesn't have to ask who that woman is. Though she looks different than what Chaeyoung imagines, her eyes, Chaeyoung would never forget those eyes. When Chaeyoung begged her mother not to go, using all her body to clung at her feet, she looked at her mother in the eyes, but her mother avoided her and even pushed her.

Chaeyoung clenched her fist tight while looking at the ground.

Without saying a word she exited the door. Mina followed her.

Her uncle calls for her as well. But she walks even faster to the car.

"Give me the key"

Mina follows her commands. Chaeyoung took the driver seat, Mina then joined her immediately.