Head in the clouds

After leaving Mina with her brother, she went home to calm herself down and to pick proper clothes for the funeral as well. She decided to wait for Dahyun and Eunwoo, and they went to the funeral home together. Chaeyoung came by on the first day with Dahyun and Eunwoo. Upon her arrival Jihyo was already looking at her cynically. Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Eunwoo bowed to the family and paid their last respect by placing the white roses on the chamber. The funeral went on for 3 days. Chan's brother comes home to lead the funeral process, her mother can only cry beside his chamber. Sujin also stays there to calm her grandmother down. Chan's mother is hysterical. Jihyo visited the funeral home for 3 days straight and just stayed there from dusk to dawn. All JYPE artists and staff, all artists outside the company who previously worked with Chan paid their last respect. The funeral place never went quiet for 3 days, people were coming by.

Chaeyoung could only stare blankly at the picture of Bang Chan. They knew each other only for months, but in terms of music and Yuna's album Chaeyoung talked a lot to him, Bang Chan always applauded Chaeyoung for her music and always told her that her music is his and JYPE's taste. Too many times Bang Chan sort of teasingly encouraged her to just move to JYPE, but Chaeyoung passed the offer. She chose to be loyal to Dahyun.

Chaeyoung could only take a deep sigh as well, even when the three of them moved to the dining room, she poured herself a soju and took it while staring blankly at the funeral chambers, sometimes looking at Chan's mom and Sujin. Sujin is only 13 years old, but her father now left her. Left this world, hell Chan is only 40 years old. It's such a loss, the whole Korean music industry is mourning over him. Chan's death made headlines everywhere, the second in command at JYP Entertainment passed away. Park Jinyoung even shed his tears, one of his apprentices now's gone, and we all know that he rarely cried in public.

Chaeyoung left the dining room to grab some air, she felt suffocated somehow. But she met Jihyo in the hallway and of course, Jihyo turned her face on her but Chaeyoung tried to chat with her.

"Jihyo Eonnie, can we talk?"

"No" Jihyo shook her head and kept walking.

Her face is so pale, it's obvious that she had been crying for hours.

"Eonnie, please?" Chaeyoung begs.

Jihyo let out a big sigh and signaled to Chaeyoung that she could talk at the end of that hallway, Chaeyoung followed her direction.

"What do you want?" Jihyo asked bitterly.

"Eonnie, don't be like this, please"

"Chaeyoung, in my eyes, you and Mina are the worst. In my eyes, you both are just the same, you both selfish, you both let the emotion take you, you both didn't think logically. I really hate you both"

"Eonnie, you can hate me, you can hate me forever, that's up to you, but Mina needs you, she needs you the most right now. Please, Eonnie don't hate her, please be there for her, I beg you" Chaeyoung begged while taking Jihyo's left hand in her, she begged her.

Jihyo then threw and let go of her hands.

She smirked, "You be responsible for that Chaeyoung, she's your girlfriend"

Chaeyoung shook her head, "No, I am going to fulfill my promise to you, I won't go near her, I won't ruin her life anymore, please Eonnie stay with her"

Jihyo laughs upon the statement, "Oh why? Chan is dead now, you are now free to have a relationship with her, you guys will finally get the happy ending you both wanted, please be together, please!"

"Jihyo Eonnie......................" Chaeyoung looks at her in disbelief, her statement is too cruel.

"Chaeyoung, this is why I hate you both. We're here at Chan's funeral. 50 meters from here, there's Chan body there. He died. You came here to pay your respect to him and all you can think about is...........her" Jihyo smirks.