Let the dust settle

Mina remembers everything, she remembers things before she passed out and it brought her to tears. She lost her husband, Mina is now a widow. She lost him and she can't even be there on his funeral days. Chan is now gone. Mina didn't show her sadness to the family, but when she was left alone, she cried and cried again. Tears never left her eyes.

She remembers that particular day, the day they finally became a family, the only time Chan being the sweetest head of the family ever, they day Chan can't even say no and complied with both his wife and daughter. Mina also can't erase hee last memory when she saw a shining light upon Chan's left face and all happened too fast, she ended up on the street, their car was flipped over and Chan is trapped between the door. Mina remembers feeling helpless, asking for help but no words she could mumble.

Mina was badly injured, but the airbag prevented her from getting a head injury or other fatal injury, while the one on Bang Chan's side didn't inflate, causing him brain injury in no time and caused his life immediately. Takeshi carefully explained to Mina that Chan can't be saved no matter how fast the responder that day. Sujin also cheered her mom up by telling her that she met all great artists at Chan's funeral, and Sujin got a chance to meet her favorite singer, and even the singer hugged her that day. Sujin excitedly told her mother that story to cheer her mom up.

In the middle of Sujin's story, when someone opens the door, Mina looks at the person. And in a second, her lips trembled and she cried upon seeing the latter. Chan's mom then goes for her and hugs Mina. Mina is crying badly, so badly in Chan's mother's arms. Mina's father, Taek, Chan's brother who brings his mother there also shed tears. After all this time, Mina hides those tears, maybe she didn't want to make her family worried. But she broke into tears, bawling her eyes out soon after she saw Chan's mother. All the feelings mountains up. Sad, sorrow, miserable, heartbroken, guilt all pile up in Mina's heart.

Chan's mother's tears are dried up already, but she can't help but shed tears seeing her daughter-in-law crying badly in her arms. Mina can't stop crying even after Chan's mother let go of her embrace. The family then gave both women the time to be alone, just the two of them.

Chan's mother takes a seat beside her, looking at her who can't stop crying, holding Mina's hand. Chan's mother was the last person Mina and Chan saw before the accident happened. It was still shocking to Chan's mother that in hours, she got a notification about Chan's condition. He even died under her watch.

"I am so sorry, Mother. I am so sorry" Mina said in between her tears.

"What are you sorry for?" Chan's mother shook her head and rubbed Mina's hand.

"It wasn't anybody's fault Mina. It was...................." Chan's mother takes a deep breath, "I guess it was all fate" She shed tears and wiped it.

"He's still my precious little boy even though he's almost 40. He will always be. I remembered the day when I left him here in South Korea alone, to be a trainee. At the age of 15, Mina. I knew the feeling when you had to send Sujin away, I knew it. It was hard for me, but he wanted to chase his dream, and we know that not only is he a diligent student but he is also super talented in music. It runs on our family. I remembered every time he felt like he wanted to give up, he called us. But he didn't want us to worry, he always put his happy tune on while he called. I knew that he was super stressed back then. He always likes that, he always hides his true feelings, he hides his emotions. Even a happy feeling, he hides it, he tends to show no emotion. I didn't know why"

"But I know, he's super caring. When we moved back to Korea, Channie didn't really show it but I knew that he was so joyful. We thought that we came at the right time, just before his debut. Chan became slightly a happy kid, we are so proud of him. He didn't show it that he cared but his first paycheck, he used it all for buying us a new car. He rarely spends on himself"