So far so good

It's, of course, a lie if Mina and Chaeyoung said that they don't think about each other. All Mina could think right now is Chaeyoung. Even though Chaeyoung always texted her and updated her condition, it feels like it wasn't enough for Mina. Every day she just wanted to see her face. Mina couldn't erase the image of Chaeyoung crying in her arms. Chaeyoung may act so tough, but the truth is, she's vulnerable, she's broken inside.

And for Chaeyoung, Mina is her source of comfort. No one could make her open up like she opens up to Mina. Chaeyoung always wanted to tell Mina her day, Chaeyoung always wanted her to know what she's up to.

Mina is in her house, alone doing her laundry as usual. While waiting for her laundry she always sipped her beer with her on the balcony. It was the best time of her life. Home alone and sipping her beer. She knows it well that she gets stressed easily if Chan got home. Mina sometimes realized that it is odd for them to be like this. Channie traveled abroad and never home, even when he's in Seoul, he's rarely home and chose to stay at his office. But Mina loves it that way, she's always a loner, so she's fine with his decision.

While sipping his beer in her balcony, someone then called her.

It's Chaeyoung.

"Hello?" Mina spoke.

"Hello, Minari. Where are you?"

"At home, doing my laundry, where are you?"

"Wandering around. Just arrived again at Seoul"

"Oh yeah right. You sent Jisung home?"

"Yes. I drove him to the airport. Mom left so many things for us"

"Oh really, what did she give you?"

"Music sheets, photos that she kept and her diaries, also inheritance. I didn't expect that she wrote her will months ago even when she didn't know where Jisung and I were. She's keeping everything in her faith Minari, hoping that she would and she must meet her kids before she died, and she did. I am just thankful that it happened right before she died"

Hearing that again, brought Mina to tears.

"Did you get your answer then, Chaengie?"

"I did, and for some odd reason, even though she admitted that she abandoned me and Jisung, when I heard about that I somehow understood her. If I was in her position, I would do that as well. I would force myself to find my happiness instead of living under my father's order. I know what my father is capable of but she's so brave. The bravest women I know"

"Your uncle told me that she was supposed to only have 3 months left after her cancer came back. But she passed away after 8 months. She endured those times to meet you both. I hope that meeting her brings you to your closure, Chaeyoung-ah"

"I know" Chaeyoung smirks, "Both my parents weren't perfect Mina, but I guess they're still my parents anyway"

Mina laughs a little.

"I am happy that you are now happy"

"What do you do when you're sad Minari?"

"Me? I would go to Namsan and scream"

"Wow, that's extreme, but I might try it"

"Chaeyoung-ah?"

"Hem?"

"We talk every so often and see each other once in a while, is it that hard for you?"

Chaeyoung laugh a little, "Funny that I don't like to talk to others you know that"