Bite the bullet

"I hope that the night stays longer," Chaeyoung said while holding Mina's hand on her stomach.

Mina's heart starts to feel heavy again. Tomorrow she will go back to her own real life. The past 2 days have been so eventful for her, but tomorrow she will face another reality, another routine, other unhappy things around her. She doesn't want to feel this aid too much longer, it kills her to think about it, to be able to feel this encouragement.

At this perfect moment, as she wouldn't want to ruin it, but her anxiety goes way deeper.

Chaeyoung's last sentence got her in deep contemplation. Mina was okay upon seeing her the first time again. Really. She was that hurt back then, but all the pain abruptly went away, she's just so happy seeing her again back at the bar. But this goodbye, she isn't used to it. It sounds uncommon to her.

It's funny that a simple sentence could turn her world upside down and make her heart boil in no time. Mina doesn't know why, but she's now anxious and furious toward the woman.

"Why do you want the night to stay longer?" Mina asking out of curiosity

"I don't wanna say goodbye to you"

Mina then shuts her eyes. How can she say that to her?

Chaeyoung never did say goodbye to her.

"You left me, Son Chaeyoung. You never did say goodbye, you just disappear. You left me. Up until now I always wondering why you had to leave like that"

Chaeyoung's heart feels like it was hit by a bullet with her unexpected question. A question that she expected from the moment she saw Mina. A question that she doesn't want to answer. A question that she would not answer cause it's too painful for her as well.

Chaeyoung loses her grips on her stomach a little bit. Her heart pounds a lot.

"Minari............"

"Answer the question, Son Chaeyoung. I never understand I will never understand why you leave me like that. 15 years ago, I was............." Mina turns her body to her.

Mina can't even finish her sentence. They are now separate by distance.

"I thought I could get over it, I mean I was happy seeing you here. Seeing you living your life the way you want now. I am so happy for you. And all the pain you caused me, suddenly went away when I saw you again, I didn't even remember about it. And you, on the other hand, you seem didn't care about it, you acted like everything between us back then was long gone. But one thing for sure, I will never get over the fact that you left me, Son Chaeyoung. You left me back then and it was hard for me to deal with it. It's not fair, And why was that?"

Chaeyoung would like to explain but no words come from her mouth.

Chaeyoung drowns her face down.

Mina is waiting for the answer.

"And even fucking 15 years you can't even give me the explanation, just like the old times" Mina chuckles, tears start run down on her face.

"Mina you wouldn't understand.............."

"Yeah, I wouldn't because you never explain, Son Chaeyoung!"

"I thought I was okay, but I am not. I am still not. The way you just forget about everything when we met again, not even trying to elaborate it, I................" Mina continues.

"I don't want to open that wound again, Minari. I am also............"

Hurt.

Chaeyoung could only say to her own heart.