Chapter Four-

"You stupid, stupid kit! You don't attack a clanmate! Mousebrain!" Nightstar paced back and forth in front of Shadepaw. She didn't care what he said. He didn't know Willowswipe was gone. "You don't even have a good reason to attack Goldenfeat-"

"SHE MURDERED WILLOWSWIPE! I have a perfectly good reason to attack her! Her fur was on Willowswipe's body! Her scent was everywhere on Willowswipe! SHE. KILLED. WILLOWSWIPE!" Shadepaw screeched. Nightstar's jaw dropped, and disbelief clouded his eyes. Then pain. Then anger. Then pain came back. He brushed past Shadepaw, like a zombie. She watched as he leaped onto the big rock.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the big rock for a clan meeting." His voice sounded dull. Shadepaw slipped out of the den, and tried to sneak to the apprentice den. "Shadepaw. Come up here."

Foxdung. She hurried up to the big rock, then scrambled up. Yowls came from the crowd, and Shadepaw did her best to shrink.

"Exile her!" One cat called.

"Kill her!"

"Leave her to Leafclan!"

"Enough!" Nightstar mewed sharply. The chatter died down, but Shadepaw felt the hostile gazes on her pelt. "She attacked Goldenfeather without reason. She attacked a fellow clanmate. Just because she lost someone. Swiftwing, did you see any indicator that Goldenfeather.....killed.....her?"

"No, I did not." Swiftwing admitted, and Shadepaw let her jaw drop.

"Very well. It pains me to do so, but I, Nightstar, leader of Stormclan, exile you from Stormclan, never to return." His voice cracked with grief. Shadepaw wobbled on her paws, dread filling her from head to tail tip. She looked and saw Goldenfeather sitting at the mouth of the medicine cat den, a smug expression on her face. "If you are spotted....if you are spotted on our territory after Dawn tomorrow, you will be treated like an enemy."