Chapter Sixteen-

Dragonfur and Deathpaw stopped as Nightstar came to a halt next to them. Dragonfur pressed himself against her, protecting her.

"What do you want, Nightstar?" Deathpaw growled.

"Shadepaw, it's so great to see you again!" Nightstar started to move forward, purring, But Dragonfur stepped in front of her. He stopped moving.

"I want to talk to Shadepaw." Nightstar sat down.

"She's Deathpaw now." Dragonfur hissed. Deathpaw rested her tail on his shoulders.

"It's okay. I'll talk to him." Deathpaw looked at Nightstar. "What do you want?"

"How are you doing?" He asked. She ignored him.

"What. Do. You. Want? Tell me now or I'll leave." Deathpaw took a step back.

"Wait! I...I was wondering if you would like to come back. You could be my Shadepaw again." Nightstar looked hopeful. Dragonfur looked worried.

"Dragonfur, don't worry. I'm not leaving you." Deathpaw purred. Dragonfur let out a sigh of relief. "And you, Nightstar, was the cat that exiled me. I will never join your clan. Leafclan is my home. It holds my mate, my friends, and my leader. You lost the right to be my clan when you kicked me out."

"Who's your mate?" Nightstar only heard mate out of that entire rant.

"I am." Dragonfur hissed. Nightstar didn't look surprised. "Let's go, Deathpaw. We need to get to camp before anyone notices."

"Agreed. Goodbye, Nightstar." Deathpaw threw over her shoulder as her and Dragonfur launched themselves towards home.