Chapter Fifteen-

He looked away quickly.

"I would like to introduce our new deputy, Goldenfeather." Nightstar meowed quickly, and stepped back. Deathpaw's jaw dropped as She heard the news. Anger filled her, but She forced it down as Darkstar of Cloudclan stepped forward. He was the oldest leader, gray almost went around his entire face.

"Cloudclan is doing well, and even we have smelled Snowclan scents on our side of the border!" He shot a glare at Icestar. "We all know leafbare is coming soon, and since last leafbare showed dangerous for our traveling medicine cats, I would like to suggest we do not travel during leafbare."

"Are you crazy?!" Some cat screeched. A few echoed his cries.

"Yes, Darkstar, are you insane? Our medicine cats need to speak to our ancestors!" Icestar fixed her piercing blue eyes on him. He didn't flinch.

"If StarClan can come to us in dreams, why should we risk the lives of our healers!" He yowled. Murmurs of agreement swept through the clans.

"I never thought of it that way." Dragonfur whispered to himself. Deathpaw fixed her gaze back on the leaders.

"Darkstar, what you say does make sense. It was only last leafbare that almost half of the clans' medicine cats died. I will not allow Freezeherb to go to the moontree during leafbare anymore." Jaggedstar told Darkstar. Darkstar dipped his head.

"Thank you for your support. Mintfrost and Fernpaw will not go either. Nightstar, Riverstar, Icestar, what are your decisions?" Darkstar narrowed his eyes at the three leaders.

"What you say does make sense." Riverstar mewed. She stood. "I agree. Jaywhisp, you won't be going to the moontree during leafbare."

"But Riverstar-" a gray she-cat stood up.

"No. I won't lose you." Riverstar hissed, and the she-cat sat down.

"I don't want Echoherb going to the moontree." Nightstar agreed. Icestar's eyes were cold.

"I won't allow Heatherfur or Leafpaw to travel to the moontree during leafbare." She hissed. Darkstar smiled.

"Then we're in agreement." He paused. "This gathering is over!"

"But Snowclan and Nightclan didn't even go!" Cats yowled and screeched throughout the clearing. Icestar leaped forward.

"Snowclan is doing fine, and none of my warriors have been over your borders!" Icestar snarled. "In fact, my warriors have reported Leafclan scents!"

"Why would we want your scrawny rabbits when we have our mice and voles?" Jaggedstar hissed. Icestar looked smug. Silverblood stepped forward.

"This is what She wants. Stop." Silverblood whispered, then sat down. Jaggedstar sat down, But his eyes held anger.

"Nightclan is well. Mistfur drove out a fox." Riverstar backed away quickly.

"This gathering is now over. No sharing of the tongues tonight." Jaggedstar leaped down from the top of the waterfall, Silverblood right behind him. Deathpaw and Dragonfur stood, rushing to catch up with the leaving Leafclan cats.

"Shadepaw!" Nightstar's voice came from behind Deathpaw.