Chapter Seven-

Fire lay, sprawled out, in the sun while Flamekit and Waterkit ran around her, playing with a ball of moss. Spottedfrost watched the kits play, keeping an intrusting eye on Fire. Fire rolled her eyes and laid her head down on the ground. Other cats moved in and out of the camp, bringing back prey and sometimes nothing. As more and more cats entered the camp, and less and less went out, Deathstar rose to her paws on the ledge.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Clan Rock for a clan meeting!" Deathstar yowled, and Riverstar and the brown Tom stood on either side of her. All the cats gathered, and Fire was nudged to her paws by Spottedfrost. Fire lashed out a paw, and hit Spottedfrost on the nose. Spottedfrost hissed a warning at Fire, and pushed her kits towards the crowd of cats. Fire followed, and sat near the edge of the group. Two cats sat next to her, the brown tom from the glowing tree, and the black tom she had seen the day before. She did her best not to squirm as they both looked at her. She focused her gaze on Deathstar.

"I have gathered you to Welcome a new member to our clan. She was a rogue, found by our medicine cats. Fire, step forward." Deathstar commanded, staring at Fire. Fire stood, and stepped forward a little bit.

"You are 5 moons old. Until you receive your apprentice name, you will be known as Scorchkit." Deathstar dipped her head. Scorchkit stared at Deathstar with surprise. She changed my name just like that?!?! WHY?!?!?! Scorchkit screeched in her mind. She stormed back to her spot in the sun as Deathstar dismissed the clan.